Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

As always, I always have problems following your guides. Am I the only one that these guides make my head spin?

Am I the only one that these guides make my head spin?
Yes.
Which of the 3 steps is the problem:
  1. Install Downloads/AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to Library/Extensions with KextBeast
  2. Confirm layout, see I. Before You Install Audio (above)
  3. Optional (Public Beta)
    1. Add config.plist/Boot/Arguments/ -lilubeta -alcbeta
  4. Restart

Yes.
Which of the 3 steps is the problem:
  1. Install Downloads/AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to Library/Extensions with KextBeast
  2. Confirm layout, see I. Before You Install Audio (above)
  3. Optional (Public Beta)
    1. Add config.plist/Boot/Arguments/ -lilubeta -alcbeta
  4. Restart

Hahaha. I updated from High Sierra, I followed some of the steps in section X

I didn't do step's 1 because I assume the new installation of Mojave will replace AppleHDA.kext(10.13), I was at 10.14.0. I've since then ran the update to 10.14.1

Removed the following:
a. I removed config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (3x).
b.
i. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13 or other/realtekALC.kext
ii. Moved FakeSMC_ACPISensors.x to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.14
iii. Moved GenericUSBXHCI.kext, and USBInjectAll.kext(I've just provided these as info in case it could be interfering with the audio).

Next I chose method's A from section I.

a. Install Downloads/AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to Library/Extensions with KextBeast
b. This is an excerpt from my config.plist
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Audio</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
Confirming layout 1 from High Sierra.

Since my motherboard is Z87X-UD5H, my codec is for ALC898. I didn't do step's 3 because it said it was optional.
Maybe I missed something because after the restart, the audio is still not working.

Last edited:
The issue is now resolved, it turns out that I needed Lilu.kext installed in /Library/Extensions. I was under the impression that it was only needed for the Z100 and up series boards. Thanks for your patience, and what you and others do for the Hackintosh community.

Hello Toleda (and others)

I saw your signature and it seems we have completely similar boards.
I own the ASUS Maximus VII Gene (Z97) motherboard with the SupremeFX Impact 2 card.

I am new to the hackintosh world, and even though I have tried looking and searching guides for that specific audio card, I was wondering if you could share your setup.

I am not sure what Audio Layout or even which ALC chip is contained in the SupremeFX Card.

Thanks a lot in advance

Just wondering if anyone has/using this card sound card SupremeFX HI-FI DAC Image url it came with my MotherBoard. I believe its the ALC 1150 codec which I have tried but no success. Can anyone provide any assistance ? Or maybe it just simply won't work with Hackintosh.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 2.24.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 2.24.03 AM.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 144
Back