Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

@toleda I have installed 10.13.4 and just configured (with the help of MultiBeast) the hole thing, including serial numbers, UUIs... And I have logged in iCloud.

If I ran MultiBeast to install the HDA's kext will it mess with my clover settings (serial number, USB 3 patch...)?

@toleda. Is there support, should I get sound from the internal speaker 4pin connector header on a motherboard with the realtek alc892?

Last edited:
Is there support, should I get sound from the internal speaker 4pin connector header on a motherboard
Normally that connector is for boot/POST beeps
Attach the motherboard spec for the header

Normally that connector is for boot/POST beeps
Attach the motherboard spec for the
Im not sure what spec your asking. The board is an Intel dq77kb thin itx. The build is more like all in one. The alc892 works for green and pink jacks. Even I think the front audio panel. I'm trying to utilize 2 built in speakers to play from the internal 4pin connector. No such luck. I'm not able to attach web link to Intel board spec sheet.

Likely one of the Line Outs, try both.

No, I tried all of them, and no sound. Headphone and mic rear jacks and front header work fine. I just wish sound also coming from the 4pin header for the internal speakers. Its part of the Intel HD audio with realtek codec. Win10 of course works fine.
I don't get why it would not work? So your saying it should work?

This from the spec sheet.
In-chassis stereo speakers support (3 W/4 Ω via internal header)
Internal Stereo Speakers Connector Pin
Signal Name Description

1 Front_L− Analog front left (differential negative)
2 Front_L+ Analog front left (differential positive)
3 Front_R+ Analog front right (differential positive)
4 Front_R− Analog front right (differential negative)

Intel configured the internal speaker nodes differently than all other OEMs, expected.
OK Thanks Toleda. I almost gave up, and was thinking a USB solution. Then I thought let me give voodoohda a try. Would you believe it worked? Analog speaker selection, speakers have sound. Volume is on the low side, but I think that can be fixed. So it looks likes voodoo it is on this. Surprised it works and not on the realtekHDA.

since i updated to 10.13.4 i lost my audio

i installed the Realtek 887/888 kext again using MultiBeast (as i always do) but this time doenst work anymore...

any ideas what changed in this update? how do i fix this?

Back