Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods - Required: a. native AppleHDA.kext, b. EFI mounted

1. cloverALC (c. SIP disabled, d. Clover and e. network required)
Download/View Raw: audio_cloverALC.command.zip

Hello Toleda

I wants use the method cloverALC for activate el onboard audio but when i go to download the file says that no exist

Captura.png

No problem Toleda, you are doing an amazing work help to the hackintosh community

And the onboard audio works perfect as is usual, thanks

It may be a stupid question but, I'm trying to remove previous audio method and I've found the current AppleHDA.kext in the folder System>Library>Extensions but were do I get the native AppleHDA.kext?

Post #1/III. Tools
Ok, seems to be quite difficult. I have High Sierra 10.13.3 on my MacBook. Same as I'm trying to install on my Hackintosh. Can't I just copy the AppleHDA.kext from there?

Last edited:
Hi @toleda Earlier today I noticed that I was still using an earlier version of your audio_cloverALC-130.command so I decided to reconfigure my audio from scratch. I followed your OP to the letter after which audio was working well again indeed.

I used the following files/method:

From your "config-audio_cloverALC+.plist" I selected the appropriate rename section, matching my Skylake build and mobo series being, "100/200/300-Series-Rename HDAS to HDEF" and copied that to my config.plist with xcode.

Then I placed your "SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml" into my Clover/APCI/patched folder, and restarted the computer.

Following the successful restart I applied your "audio_cloverALC-130_v0.4 command" shell script, answered all the prompts for my mobo and rebooted the comuter.

So far so good, audio was working, but in my Config.plist under SystemParameters > InjectKexts it changed "Detect" to "Yes" everytime the script is executed.

@RehabMan and others recommend that the value for "Injectkexts" should however be "Detect" so what should it be now ? If you require Yes ? and @RehabMan requires "Detect" then there is obviously a problem somewhere. :)

I checked your script and setting "InjectKexts" to yes is actually hard coded in that script.

It appears to me that "Detect" is required so that kexts in /L/E will get preference to be loaded instead of duplicate kexts that may also be present in the "/Clover/Kexts/other folder. These duplicate kexts are needed so that one is able to enter the Recovery partition when things have really gone wrong with High Sierra.

When I run my High Sierra with "InjectKexts" set to "Yes" then essential kexts will be loaded from /Clover/Kexts/other, bypassing the same essential kexts present in /L/E where these kexts would be running from inside the "kext cache". If I understand this all correctly loading essential kexts from "/Clover/Kexts/other" could indeed be a reason why a High Sierra system might suffer from occasional "lockups" when being woken from sleep.

I would very much appreciate if you could advise me how to approach this problem.

Thanks Henties

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-17_16-9-11.png
    upload_2018-3-17_16-9-11.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 114

Hi @toleda thanks that filled the gap in my understanding of things. Just to confirm it does not matter what SystemParameters > InjectKexts is set to as long as "InjectKexts" under "Custom" is set to "Detect" AND FakeSMC.kext is in either /S/L/E or present in "KerrnelCache" When these conditions are met kexts present in "Clover/Kexts/other" will not be loaded.

What about the realtekALC.kext which your script places into "Clover/Kexts/other" by default ? Should that not now be moved to /S/L so that it can be loaded and not ignored in it's normal Clover/Kexts/other folder ?

Would appreciate your feedback.

Back