Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

Yes. For 200 series motherboards, enable onboard first and then HDMI audio.

Just to clarify - can Realtek Audio and HDMI audio coexist on non-200 series motherboards? Current problem: HDMI audio works beautifully through my Nvidia card but Realtek 892 has a really weak (barely audible) crackly signal from all 1/8inch output ports. Currently scanning all of these HDA (and HDMI audio) threads to see if someone has a similar problem but haven't encountered it yet. Will follow-up with requested details if you can confirm that Realtek HDA isn't blocked somehow on my older board because of HDMI audio through the video card? I've tried disabling the HDMI audio (and removing related kexts) and reinstalling Realtek using the steps above (including using codec commander) several times but the sound is still terribly degraded (and barely audible) despite all of the Realtek output devices on my board being recognized.

Sorry if this problem has been mentioned before - if it's in one of these threads I haven't found it yet.

Asus Sabertooth X58, Xeon W3680, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X

an Realtek Audio and HDMI audio coexist on non-200 series motherboards?
Yes, completely independent; one, the other, both, all valid
Realtek 892 has a really weak (barely audible) crackly signal from all 1/8inch output ports
Not an codec problem, likely a case to motherboard grounding problem.
confirm that Realtek HDA isn't blocked somehow on my older board because of HDMI audio through the video card?
Not blocked, no effect, independent.
See Post #1, IV. Problem Reporting. Off topic.

Yes, completely independent; one, the other, both, all valid

Not an codec problem, likely a case to motherboard grounding problem.

Not blocked, no effect, independent.
See Post #1, IV. Problem Reporting. Off topic.

Thanks! I had suspected it was the motherboard. That helps.

Brucelee internet connection is required.

toldea I just wanted to thank you for this information and guide. There is no way I would have gotten sound working without your detailed instructions.. Works great on ALC887 on my GA-H270M-DS3H.

After I installed 10.13.2, I had no audio at all. I tried to run audio_CloverALC like always but got this message:
Last login: Sun Dec 31 12:50:17 on console
/Users/lukashauf/Downloads/audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3\ 2.command ; exit;
desktop-n5dchq8:~ lukashauf$ /Users/lukashauf/Downloads/audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3\ 2.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_cloverALC script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_cloverALC-130.command_v0.3
Release Mode
Password:
Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist
Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]
I don't know what's going on but looked into the AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString and did not find it in the Info.plist. The BundleShortVersionString was under AppleHDA.kext/Contents/version.plist/BundleShortVersionString but couldn't find it in the Info.plist.
Any suggestions how I can run this command again properly?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I'm using Realtek 887. Tried it with Multibeast also no results there.

Is there any way to modify the output associations? My sound is working fine but I have to move the cable from the line out to the rear speaker output in order for it to work (I've tried all outputs with all layouts and this is the only one I get sound in 10.13.2.) I was hoping there would be a way to get the correct "line out" output working. This is for an ALC1220.

No, however, the script is not recommended with the Clover bootloader.
See Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio, method 1 or 2.

Maybe I lucked out when I got the 200_Series_Audio_Controller patch to work on my Desktop KL Rig (signature) which boots OS X 10.13.1 with Clover_v2.4k_r4297.

Which bootloader is recommended for the 200_Series_Audio_Controller patch?

Back