Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

I cannot make any sense of these instructions
1. Post #/VI. Realtek Codecs/3. ALC888/1. Legacy/2. ALC888S/same as ALC888
2. Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/3. MultiBeast
3. Select: MultiBeast/Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx: √ ALC888 Legacy

Simple and easy.

Post a screenshot of the problem.

(see attached image) Shouldn't all of those images be different to show each kind of layout? As I said, you can make sense of them if you go to the bottom and match each image with its description but it would be useful if the images are correct in the body of the post.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    654.7 KB · Views: 244
First of all thank you Toledo for your hard work and thank you tonymacx86.

I’m new to this Hackintosh thing only previously installed Mountain Lion on a Dell laptop a looong time ago following a strict guide made for the laptop o I have little to no experience. I spent the last few days trying to fix my audio. I tried a lot of methods and kexts or the same method over and over again slightly changing the path. I thought I would share the path that worked for me.

Mainboard: Gigabyte H370 HD3
Bios: F2
Audio Chipset: ALC 887
Processor: i3-8100
OSX: 10.13.4

I followed Before You Install Audio - Desktop/Realtek/AppleHDA [Guide]:
- native appleHDA that I got with Pacifist form the install USB stick
- SIP disabled
- EFI mounted
- removed previous installed methods
- on step 5 I followed the IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio - 300/200/100 Series, X299, X99, Other, Legacy:
- on step 1 I chose the first config.plist method (100-200-300-Series-Rename HDAS to HDEF)
- I skipped step 3
- on step 4 I chose second method Quick Fix: 300 (B/H/Q) Series Coffee Lake Audio:
- I chose the second solution: install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext​
- on step 6 I had HDEF@1F,3
- on step 7 I had CodecDevice
- on step 8 I had 0x10ec0887
- on step 9 I had 01 00 00 00
- I set in config.plist inject ID 1
- I installed following AppleHDA Realtek Audio_v2 [Guide]: II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
- method 2: vit9696/AppleALC​

I restarted pretty often and also rebuild kext cache with:
- sudo kextcache -i /
and
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

After I got native appleHDA with Pacifist I tried installing with KextBeast thinking it would overwrite the existing file but it didn’t; so I manually deleted appleHDA.kext from S/L/E and then used KextBeast

What I tried but didn’t work for me:
- from IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio step 4 -> KextsToPatch/Item 18/10.13-Coffee_Audio_Controller so I used the other method
- from Quick Fix: 300 (B/H/Q) Series Coffee Lake Audio Onboard and/or UHD 6x0 HDMI Audio method 3 -> Edit config.plist so I used method 2 installing kexts
- from AppleHDA Realtek Audio_v2 [Guide] installing with cloverALC (method 1) and MultiBeast (method 3) didn’t work so I used the second method

I'm attaching the config.plist and native appleHDA 10.13.4 in case someone needs it.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
  • config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 312
Not clear; confirm the second method is AppleALC and working.
Yes I used AppleALC and is working.
New kext that I have in L/E after installing:
- AppleALC.kext
- FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- Lilu.kext

II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods - Required: a. native AppleHDA.kext, b. EFI mounted

1. cloverALC (c. SIP disabled, d. Clover and e. network required)
Download/View Raw: audio_cloverALC.command.zip

Thank you!

This worked perfectly on my Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E motherboard with the 1220A chip on it. I've tested going to suspend and back while playing a video and audio now works as expected.

1. All audio inputs / outputs appear to be present, but there is no audio or active microphone.
  2. MacOS version: 10.13.4 Motherboard name: MSI MegaBook GT62VR 6RE (MS-16L2) Chipset: Intel Sunrise Point HM170, Intel Skylake-H
  3. Followed this very guide

8. Multimedia:

Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI/DP @ nVIDIA GP104 - High Definition Audio Controller

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC899 @ Intel Sunrise Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [D-1]

All the files required of error reporting should be in the zip file.

It should be noted that I changed the original path of the patcher from the install volume EFI to the USB installer's EFI since that path ended up being the only configuration that worked and I don't want to risk this beautiful thing I have going on to correct it.

Attachments

• carl015.zip
    911.4 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Back