Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]

I've followed the steps at the begiining of this threads in my updated install (macOS 10.13.4 (17E202)) Followed instructions to get Audio Midi setup aggregate device. However, I only get stereo output not 5.1.Only 2 speakers work on aggregate.
In Multibeast I had ALC1220 and 3 port 5.1 Audio selected re-booted. I uninstalled and tried audio_cloverALC.Attached my config if anyone can advise

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 230
I have a:
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI motherboard
with Realtek ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio - 3 Ports on the back (S/PDIF on motherboard) Plus 2 ports through front panel
I have AppleALC 1.2.6 and I'm injecting 2 or 1 or 11
It all works BUT a couple of things are a bit annoying.
If I connect a speaker to the Green port in the back the sound is OK, BUT if I plug the headphone in the front panel the sound gets routed to the Headphone. One software port controls both. When the headphone is connected the Mac audio menu says Headphone, if I unplug the headphone the Mac audio menu says Internal Speaker.
When I Inject 2 in config.plist, the Blue port on the back, that is a "Line In" port according to Gigabyte, becomes capable of outputting sound but the quality is not good. Ticks and noises once in a while make the sound dirty. But this is not an output port.

Is there a way to fix the issue that SHOWS ONLY 1 PORT OUT OF THE 2 I HAVE so that I MUST UNPLUG the HEADPHONE in order to be able to hear sound from the Line Out on the back of the case port?

Last edited:
n Multibeast I had ALC1220 and 3 port 5.1 Audio selected
Not correct, motherboard has 6 audio ports not 3 audio ports.
Set Audi ID: 1, restart.
Followed instructions to get Audio Midi setup aggregate device
Delete aggregate device and add new aggregate device

If I connect a speaker to the Green port in the back the sound is OK, BUT if I plug the headphone in the front panel the sound gets routed to the Headphone. One software port controls both. When the headphone is connected the Mac audio menu says Headphone, if I unplug the headphone the Mac audio menu says Internal Speaker.
Works exactly as designed (Apple). To disabled switching, see audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf (Audio ID: 1 or 2 only)
When I Inject 2 in config.plist, the Blue port on the back, that is a "Line In" port according to Gigabyte, becomes capable of outputting sound but the quality is not good. Ticks and noises once in a while make the sound dirty. But this is not an output port.
Audio ID: 2 repurposes Blue input to Black output and Pink input to Orange output. Audio quality issue is particular to your system configuration.
Is there a way to fix the issue that SHOWS ONLY 1 PORT OUT OF THE 2 I HAVE so that I MUST UNPLUG the HEADPHONE in order to be able to hear sound from the Line Out on the back of the case port?
Yes, see above. Otherwise/Audio ID: 2:
Headphones: Headphones/front panel green
Speakers: 2nd Line Out/rear panel blue
Both: Audio Midi Setup/+/Multi-output

Works exactly as designed (Apple). To disabled switching, see audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf (Audio ID: 1 or 2 only)

Audio ID: 2 repurposes Blue input to Black output and Pink input to Orange output. Audio quality issue is particular to your system configuration.

Yes, see above. Otherwise/Audio ID: 2:
Headphones: Headphones/front panel green
Speakers: 2nd Line Out/rear panel blue
Both: Audio Midi Setup/+/Multi-output

Thanks a lot!!
The audio_ALC_guides/Customization.pdf guide is not an how to so it's a bit hard as I've never done it before.
Good to know the system works correctly though.
I will test longer with Audio ID: 2
Any idea on why those ticks might happen?

On a side note, HDMI Audio is broken. Never bothered to implement using IGPU Intel UHD630 on i3-8100
Thanks!!

Not broken, not installed; off topic.
No, the question was this one:
I will test longer with Audio ID: 2
Any idea on why those ticks might happen?

I will test longer and see.
Thanks for your help, really appreciated.

Back