Contribute
Register

AppleHDA problems -- Conexant CX20751/2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it's not working.
When I plug my headset in (it's a combo jack), it's not auto switching, and if I choose it manually it will not recording and no input level feedback animation.

The internal mic works. And the headphone output works with autoswitching as well

Probably a mistake in the pathmaps in Platforms XML for AppleHDA.
You might try a different layout-id (read the AppleALC documentation for details on which might be valid for your codec).
Or tweak the pathmaps that AppleALC is using (based on audio codec dump from Linux).

Or look into ALCPlugFix.

Probably a mistake in the pathmaps in Platforms XML for AppleHDA.
You might try a different layout-id (read the AppleALC documentation for details on which might be valid for your codec).
Or tweak the pathmaps that AppleALC is using (based on audio codec dump from Linux).

Or look into ALCPlugFix.

Why is my HDEF layout-ID always showing 07 00 00 00 on ioreg?
tried to set layout ID with clover and SSDT to 3 and 28, but ioreg always shows 07 00 00 00.
it only changes the HDAU layout-ID

If i change the layout ID to 28 with clover and SSDT (btw, do i really need to change both of them? they do the same thing, right?), i get the int/ext mic autoswitch, but still ext mic not recording anything. no volume feedback animation.

Tried ALCPlugFix as well, but still no go

edit:
- I believe my default layout-id is 07 00 00 00 00
- Using SSDT, changed layout-id to 3 or 28 --> checked on ioreg, it shows the correct layout-id
- Then i installed AppleALC.kext --> sounds work (except external mic, of course), but my ioreg shows 07 00 00 00. But it works anyway
- If i use clover to change my layout-id, sounds will work as well. But i can't get my HDMI audio to work. checked ioreg, it shows 07 00 00 00 on HDEF but 03 or 1C on HDAU --> very strange it's my HDMI that stop working instead the other sounds
- So i just removed clover's layout-id patch. Everything's work except external mic. even with ioreg showing 07 00 00 00 on HDEF and HDAU layout-id

- with my previous method (clover patch, SSDT for layout-id and aDummyHDA.kext) i can have a correct layout-id on ioreg. so, maybe it's something with AppleALC

- Still wanting to have my external mic working, but don't know what else can i try

Last edited:
Why is my HDEF layout-ID always showing 07 00 00 00 on ioreg?
tried to set layout ID with clover and SSDT to 3 and 28, but ioreg always shows 07 00 00 00.
it only changes the HDAU layout-ID

You are injecting layout-id on HDEF in SSDT-HACK.aml.
ACPI injections override Clover injections as they happen later.

You are injecting layout-id on HDEF in SSDT-HACK.aml.
ACPI injections override Clover injections as they happen later.

okay,
I'm stuck, please help
- using layout-id 3, i have my speaker, headphones with auto-switching, and internal mic working. I have my external mic on my system preferences but not working.
- using layout-id 28, i have my speaker, headphones with auto-switching, and internal mic working. external mic not showed on system preferences. but when i plug my headset, it actually auto-switched into it. but still, it's just switching but not working, not recording anything. the worst thing is, in this state i can't manually switch back to my my internal mic, since it's auto-switching. so i'm totally muted, i have to unplug my headset to go back to my internal mic

any suggestion?

Thanks

okay,
I'm stuck, please help
- using layout-id 3, i have my speaker, headphones with auto-switching, and internal mic working. I have my external mic on my system preferences but not working.
- using layout-id 28, i have my speaker, headphones with auto-switching, and internal mic working. external mic not showed on system preferences. but when i plug my headset, it actually auto-switched into it. but still, it's just switching but not working, not recording anything. the worst thing is, in this state i can't manually switch back to my my internal mic, since it's auto-switching. so i'm totally muted, i have to unplug my headset to go back to my internal mic

any suggestion?

Thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I just realized that I can get everything working, including external mic, input and output auto-switching, with just a pretty much standard installation method o_O
- SSDT for layout 28. Clover patch might work, didn't test it though. But don't use layout ID 3
- SSDT-CX20752 from RehabMan's GitHub
- Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext + CodecCommander.kext (installed on /L/E)

Last edited:
I just realized that I can get everything working, including external mic, input and output auto-switching, with just a pretty much standard installation method o_O
- SSDT for layout 28. Clover patch might work, didn't test it though. But don't use layout ID 3
- SSDT-CX20752 from RehabMan's GitHub
- Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext + CodecCommander.kext (installed on /L/E)

Please, could you send me your files? SSD-layout28, SSDT-CX20752 andLilu.kext + AppleALC.kext + CodecCommander.kext.

I tried to do it(the instruccions that you posted), but in my case doesnt work..

Please, could you send me your files? SSD-layout28, SSDT-CX20752 andLilu.kext + AppleALC.kext + CodecCommander.kext.

I tried to do it(the instruccions that you posted), but in my case doesnt work..

I'm using clover for injecting layout-28 for now. And maybe you need to be more specific about what doesn't work.

Attachments

• SSDT-CX20752.aml
    299 bytes · Views: 152
  • CodecCommander.kext.zip
    23.8 KB · Views: 113
  • AppleALC.kext.zip
    687.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 101
I'm using clover for injecting layout-28 for now. And maybe you need to be more specific about what doesn't work.

I did the same that you posted, but nothing... Not working Mic and Speaker. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back