Contribute
Register

AppleHDA patcher and ALC3236

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, I have spent the vast majority of my time on this install trying to get functional audio. I am able to get the system to work using VoodooHDA but that only makes the speakers work properly, not the headphones or HDMI. I have been trying to get appleHDA to work. I disassembled my laptop and found that the audio chip says its ALC3236, however, AppleHDA patcher claims I'm using ALC255 (first problem) I have tried patching for both neither seemed to work. I have patched the DSDT with the patches provided (HDEF_PATCH and SYSTEM_IRQ) as well as putting the aDummyHDA.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.4 and also tried placing in the "Others" folder. I have also tried just replacing apple HDA with the fully patched version. I have made sure that config.plist is fixed by running it through the appleHDA patcher tool as well. I am not sure what my next steps are. running MacOS 10.14.5, clover 4920, on an ASUS Q504UAK laptop with everything else functional.

Another Problem is the patch that it gave me HDEF patch reads out "2 patches, 0 changes" and MacISL won't let my apply or compile that patch. system_IRQ worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back