Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-ck003nl
CPU
Intel Core i7 8550U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 + nVidia GeForce 940MX
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am fine-tuning the build as per my profile. I am applying the patches needed for AppleHDA by using the AppleHDA Patcher tool. Headphones are working, volume control is working, speaker is detected from Preferences > Audio but nothing is audible when using the speakers. The audio device seems to be a Realtek ALC295, so the AppleHDA Patcher was executed using this setting.
Dump from gen_debug is attached.

Attachments

• debug_22469.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
I am fine-tuning the build as per my profile. I am applying the patches needed for AppleHDA by using the AppleHDA Patcher tool. Headphones are working, volume control is working, speaker is detected from Preferences > Audio but nothing is audible when using the speakers. The audio device seems to be a Realtek ALC295, so the AppleHDA Patcher was executed using this setting.
Dump from gen_debug is attached.

Read FAQ regarding CodecCommander.kext:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Attachments

• debug_24521.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
Installed CodecCommander.kext and rebuilt kext cache as from the FAQ. Nothing changed, I only have headphones and mic working, no external speaker. Not sure if there's anything else I should do but I cannot find anything in the FAQ. New gen_debug dump attached.

What do you mean by "external speaker"?

Your kextcache shows patches to AppleHDA.kext.
To use aDummyHDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla. Use the macOS installer to restore.
Also, HDAEnabler.kext not recommended.
Do layout-id inject with ACPI patching only.
See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

Just to clarify, using aDummyHDA.kext does require ACPI patching anyways? Looking at AppleHDA Patcher's guide, it seems like you may choose only one of the available options. The guide you linked deals with a patched AppleHDA.kext without mentioning aDummyHDA.kext, so it's unclear which path should I choose and which are the correct steps. It's all mixed up right now...

To use aDummyHDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext must be vanilla. Use the macOS installer to restore.
See ACPI patching guide:

So, after restoring AppleHDA.kext to vanilla I've applied "Audio Layout 3" and "IRQ Fix" to DSDT. I was unable to find my codec id under Info.plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext as suggested by the guide, but the config.plist file generated by AppleHDA Patcher is using layout-id = 3, so I decided to go for it (and the supported codecs table confirms this choice to be OK).

Then I tried the following solutions (before moving to each next solution, I restored the kexts, config.plist and DSDT files used before obviously, so these solutions are alternates):

- Tried to use AppleALC.kext which is reported working by some users

- Tried aDummyHDA.kext as you suggested

Both the solutions lead to the same solution: only headphones and mic are working, speaker isn't.

gen_debug dump attached (this one was generated when having aDummyHDA.kext installed).

Attachments

• debug_26888.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
See ACPI patching guide:

After restoring the audio-related additions to vanilla, I've made one last attempt with patched AppleHDA.kext. Patched again from a vanilla AppleHDA.kext using AppleHDA Patcher and selecting "Realtek ALC295", which, as reported by DPCIManager, seems to be the codec used by my laptop (Codec ID is 0x10EC0295). layout-id is 3 and was set via the "Audio Layout 3" patch on DSDT.aml. I am currently running with patched AppleHDA.kext and layout-id 3. No other kexts/Clover patches or anything. Still able to use headphones and mic only, speaker not working.
Latest dump from gen_debug is attached (just to make sure that the latest changes are included). Help?

Attachments

• debug_6185.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
Just to clarify, using aDummyHDA.kext does require ACPI patching anyways? Looking at AppleHDA Patcher's guide, it seems like you may choose only one of the available options. The guide you linked deals with a patched AppleHDA.kext without mentioning aDummyHDA.kext, so it's unclear which path should I choose and which are the correct steps. It's all mixed up right now...

ACPI is used to inject layout-id. layout-id injection required regardless of fully patched AppleHDA, AppleALC, or aDummyHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back