Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Hello @toleda,

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 PC running latest Mojave with the latest WEG and AppleALC. I'm using the iGPU Intel HD4600. It's connected DP to DP with my monitor LG 27UK850-w

However I'm not getting Audio through DP. I do get Line-out and Headphone port and they work perfectly tho.

I just wanted to quickly ask, do you think this could work for DP Audio?

Thanks a lot

EDIT: changed to another DP port and now I'm getting DP Audio control!! >_<

Attachments

• debug_6472.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
spent a lot of time debugging on this issue: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...audio-controller-but-not-sound-output.284750/ installed AppleALC first, disabled all past DSDT fixes / patches. Reinstalled whatevergreen, lilu and onboard audio driver kexts with kextBeast (seems copying wont work). Replaced AppleHDA with native one

=> onboard audio works but not hdmi audio

Last Resort, uncheck resetHDA in devices/audio.

=> hdmi audio worked!

Hi
I am updating my old HTPC with HD3000 to HS and Mojave and need to configure again Audio on HDMI.

Post #1 says it's for HD4000 and newer : knowing I will use clover and recent OSX release, should I follow this guide while I have an HD3000 or the previous guide ?

Thanks

Problem Report

1. No audio driver is detected as installed; audio device is detected in System Profiler but is not installed.
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 1.40.09 AM.png

2. macOS Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54). MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) (MacBookPro15,1) + AMD Sapphire R9 Fury inside Mantiz Venus eGPU.
3. This guide, method A.
4. Attached.
Code:
> ioreg -rxn IOHDACodecDevice | grep VendorID
"vendorcodecID" = 0x1002aa01
Code:
> bdmesg
zsh: command not found: bdmesg
Code:
> diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                         500.3 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     314.6 MB   disk0s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         424.0 GB   disk0s2
   3:       Microsoft Basic Data BOOTCAMP                75.5 GB    disk0s3
   4:           Windows Recovery                         497.0 MB   disk0s4

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +424.0 GB   disk1
                                 Physical Store disk0s2
   1:                APFS Volume Macintosh HD            368.0 GB   disk1s1
   2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 43.9 MB    disk1s2
   3:                APFS Volume Recovery                517.0 MB   disk1s3
   4:                APFS Volume VM                      1.1 GB     disk1s4
6. Attached.
7. Attached.
8. N/A, real hardware.

Attachments

• audio.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Hi, my PC is quite an old one: running an Intel i3-2105 + DH61AG on High Sierra. Everything is fine except it cannot be upgraded to Mojave. Recently I changed the CPU to i3-3225 (w/ HD4000) hoping to do the upgrade. All is good except the HDMI audio is gone. I've tried many ways but still no luck. Could anyone please help me?

1. No HDMI Audio
2. macOS version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
10.13.6/Intel DH61AG/0109/i3-3225/HD4000
3. tried Multibeast, no HDMI audio; then followed method A, still the same.
4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1 (Tools 2.) File: Alfred’s Mac mini.ioreg
5. Terminal - 4 commands:
ioreg -rxn IOHDACodecDevice | grep VendorID
Returns nothing
ioreg -rxn AppleGFXHDADriver | grep vendorcodecID
Returns nothing
bdmesg
File: boot.txt
diskutil list
File: disk.txt
All files zipped and attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• AC.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 159
Trying to get HDMI audio on an HD4k setup. Im not sure which part needs to be changed.

WEG/AppleALC worked good for HDMI/ w/audio port. Rendering other ports garbled. But without it there was no working HDMI video/audio at all.

Injecting some properties under devices in clover from another config for HD4000 yielded the other ports working
with WEG/AppleALC, though there was no audio in the HDMI

No doubt if you know what to look for you can tell what I missed.

Thank you much in advance if you can

EDIT Thanks for all the help, I figured it out. Looking at IORegistryExplorer I see connector from
HDMI cable is showing as 04 (DP) Just needed to change the clover patch under devices/properties
from the config. There was a # sign in front that cancels the patch on that port was (1) that would inject HDMI = 08

Attachments

• debug_23827.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hi, my PC is quite an old one: running an Intel i3-2105 + DH61AG on High Sierra. Everything is fine except it cannot be upgraded to Mojave. Recently I changed the CPU to i3-3225 (w/ HD4000) hoping to do the upgrade. All is good except the HDMI audio is gone. I've tried many ways but still no luck. Could anyone please help me?

1. No HDMI Audio

If you want help I would post more than what you posted. Its not much to go on as far
as what you have going on there.

But read my last post and you can figure it out. Hint: WEG is What Ever Green Kext

Last edited:

1. No HDMI Audio
Just an update for anyone who found this thread. I think it's mainly a hardware problem that no one can fix it easily. So I switched to Intel DQ77KB + i3-3225; updated to the latest BIOS; generated the SSDT; setup the HDMI as the secondary display via BIOS (otherwise the famous 8 apples will be displayed). Bingo! All work! Now it's running Mojave smoothly.

Thanks the community for all their hard works!

@ Toledo could you look at my IOREG and see if you could find why am not getting any audio from my hdmi ports please and thanks

Attachments

• Amyre’s iMac.ioreg
    17 MB · Views: 120
  • config.plist
    27.1 KB · Views: 132
what's the device? the ioreg is corrupt. Nothing much to go on. Toleda hasn't been here for quite some time
oh 9700k? not sure. what kext you use? maybe use whatevergreen. get rid of clover ticks for hdmi and HDA,
WEG does it.

Last edited:
Back