Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Now I want to HDMI-audio start working with Panasonic-TV plugged to DVI-port-2 and monitor plugged to DVI-port-1.
Why?
IOReg shows HDMI audio is not supported on DVI-2
So I want to understand why my mini-HDMI port is dead in macos. And why NVCAP doesn't tune all ports correctly.
macOS supports my EVGA GTX 570 HD: HDMI, DP, 2xDVI; all with HDMI audio
3) cloverHDMI
cloverHDMI installs a Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt
2nd request, attach ssdt.

Thank you for reply!

Why?
IOReg shows HDMI audio is not supported on DVI-2

Why what? :) Why I need plug TV in dvi-port-2?
Because first and main my device is monitor.
Computer loading process is showing on dvi-port-1 and I need to see the loading process.
So I regularly switching second device between second monitor on my table (if I need to work with 2 monitors), and TV, if I want to see movies.

Can you prompt me where in IOReg you see "HDMI audio is not supported on DVI-2"?
And how to config this DVI-2 port to support HDMI-audio?

cloverHDMI installs a Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt
2nd request, attach ssdt.

I have no any SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.
May be I installed WhateverGreen first, and after when I started cloverHDMI - he didn't install ssdt?

I deleted WhateverGreen.kext, and HDMI audio on dvi-port-1 continue to work without WhateverGreen and ssdt.
How it's possible?
(Files in my previous attachment is created from config without WhateverGreen and ssdt, but with working sound on dvi-port-1)

System Preferences/Displays/Gather Displays allows you to set primary display
I talk about system loading process, when I change OS to start etc. This process is showing only on DVI-1. DVI-2 is starting only when OS started (macos or windows).

Don't know. Kext?
Which kext?

cloverHDMI installs a ssdt; where did it go?
May be I installed WhateverGreen first, and after when I started cloverHDMI - he didn't install ssdt?

Attach new files
What "new files"? I didn't make any changes in my config after I sent you files in first attachment.

HDMIAudio.kext
I didn't install HDMIAudio.kext 100%

cloverHDMI installs SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA...aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
cloverHDMI may not install any ssdt to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched if you already have working HDMI audio before starting it.
Then cloverHDMI print in terminal log:
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1201 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
Script exits when another HDMI audio method is installed
Remove existing HDMI audio method, restart, run cloverHDMI

I think it's my situation - HDMI worked before I started cloverHDMI, and he didn't install ssdt.

Actual files in attachment.
Thank you!

Attachments

• diman.matrix2.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 154
a. Edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/:
AddHDMI/NO
FixHDA/NO
b. Remove config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches:
Item 2 (Rename HDEF to AZAL) it is disabled, however, if it is ever enabled, no macOS audio
c. Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/:
Items 0, 1, 2 and 3 (all t1- patches)
Save, restart, reply with new files

hello everybody,

can anybody help me about hdmi audio for my i3-7100 CPU with uhd 630 graphics. i want to use with my tv and monitor on HDMI.

i read several times but i couldnt solve how i do. can somebody help me ?

thanks

Back