Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Well... I'm having no luck getting any HDMI audio to work on my Mojave Hackintosh... Hopefully something can be found here...

1. No audio over the HDMI connection.
2. OS X Mojave 10.14.5, Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP with an Intel i5 6500 CPU and MSI RX 470 OC video card. BIOS version for mainboard is F20g.
3.Several methods, unfortunately I can't keep track of them all.
4. IOReg attached
5. Both ioreg command do no return any output, bdmesg attached, diskutil list attached.
6. AppleHDA.kext attached
7. Screen shots attached
8. config.plist attached. No aml files.

Display is a Samsung 40" 4K television, model UN40KU6270.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Multiple methods installed, audio failure guaranteed
Remove Voodoo and disabler
Restart, reply with new files
Voodoo is now gone. Not sure what "disabler" is.

At this point I don't have any audio devices showing in my Sounds preferences panel.

the ioreg commands still show no output at all.

I will regenerate the files and upload them in a short while.

Thanks for the assistance!

Attempt #2...

1. No audio devices appearing in Sounds preference panel, except for an "Internal Audio Driver (Corel Painter)". I would like to use HDMI audio, as well as the audio jacks on my computer.
2. OS X Mojave 10.14.5, Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP with an Intel i5 6500 CPU and MSI RX 470 OC video card. BIOS version for mainboard is F20g.
3. Several, which I have tried to clean up. Currently have Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, AppleHDA and FakeSMC kext files in my clover Kexts/Other folder as well as installed in my /L/E folder.
4. ioreg file attached.
iMac:~ steve$ ioreg -rxn IOHDACodecDevice | grep VendorID
iMac:~ steve$ ioreg -rxn AppleGFXHDADriver | grep vendorcodecID
iMac:~ steve$
Other two outputs attached as TXT files.
6. AppleHDA.kext attached.
7. Screen shots attached.
8. config.plist attached. No AML files.
9. All Zipped and attached.

One thing to note... My Hack originally had a nVidia 1050ti video card and HDMI audio was working. I swapped out the card for the current AMD RX470 card and uninstalled the nVidia display driver and CUDA drivers.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 157
Not sure what "disabler" is.
Disables AppleHDA.kext, IOReg shows Disabler installed, remove
Attached AppleHDA.kext is damaged, restore native AppleHDA.kext

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 4.05.46 PM.png

Disables AppleHDA.kext, IOReg shows Disabler installed, remove
Attached AppleHDA.kext is damaged, restore native AppleHDA.kext
Thank you very much for the help...

Removed the disabler and restored my AppleHDA.kext file from the Mojave installer, restarted, and now everything appears to be working properly!

Hi Toleda!
Copy of this post in archive.

I trying to enable hdmi audio on 10.13.4.
On 10.10 it worked and now I install 10.13.

My situation.
On my geforce gt560 I have 3 ports: 2 DVI + 1 mini-hdmi.
Both DVI ports work fine for video, but only first DVI port works for hdmi-audio.

If I connect to dvi-port-1 panasonic-TV (which can play sound) and no-sound monitor to dvi-port-2, I see in "System preferences/Sound" beautiful "Panasonic-TV / HDMI".

If I connect to dvi-port-1 no-sound monitor and panasonic-TV to dvi-port-2, then in "System preferences/Sound" I not see HDMI. Only "internal speakers" etc.

Additionally my third port - mini-hdmi - absolutely not works.
If I connect any display into it (alone or with other display in one of DVI ports) - no reaction.

If I reboot to windows - all three ports works fine for video and audio.

In install I used variant A: AMD/Nvidia/Intel - acidanthera/WhateverGreen
Next I trying many attempts to tune second DVI, but no success.

Finally I got gt560 bios in windows by GPU-Z and convert it to NVCAP: 04000000 00000300 00000000 00000007 00000000
If I place this NVCAP in clover - only first dvi port works. Second dvi and hdmi not work.
Next for test I removed WhateverGreen.kext from S/L/E, but HDMI-audio continue to work without it if TV is plugged to dvi-port-1.

I have no dsdt/ssdt in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt.

Once in 2012 you helped me too much, big thank you!

Attachments

• diman.matrix.zip
    3 MB · Views: 102
no-sound monitor
What is the make and model?
Does the no-sound monitor support HDMI audio
If I connect to dvi-port-1 panasonic-TV (which can play sound) and no-sound monitor to dvi-port-2, I see in "System preferences/Sound" beautiful "Panasonic-TV / HDMI".
What are you using to enable Nvidia HDMI audio? ssdt? kext? dsdt?
Attach

Monitor is viewsonic vp2365. There is no HDMI port, only DVI, and it completely no support sound.

To enable sound and HDMI I'm using:
1) Multibeast install for ALC892.
2) AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]
( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764 )
Install AppleALC and Lilu.
3) cloverHDMI
( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/ )
4) WhateverGreen

Now I want to HDMI-audio start working with Panasonic-TV plugged to DVI-port-2 and monitor plugged to DVI-port-1.
So I want to understand why my mini-HDMI port is dead in macos. And why NVCAP doesn't tune all ports correctly.

Back