Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

IOReg does not show AppleALC.kext or WhateverGreen.kext
IOReg does show Lilu.kext_v1.2.4, obsolete/update
IOReg does show NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, deprecated/remove

Codecs are disabled, verify BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled

See [GUIDE] Installing 3rd Party Kexts - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave +
Thank you so much! I really didn't know that using the "other" folder was bad.
It seems I only had to turn off SIP and then use Hackintool to install the kexts. Now the only kext left in "other" is FakeSMC.kext which is apparently necessary to have there. HDMI/DP Audio works just great now!
I also installed FakeSMC.kext to /L/E along with the other ones because it displayed "missing dependency" errors if I didn't include it there too. Is that ok or will that cause something to break later on?

I'm still experiencing intermittent prohibitory symbol errors on boot. It won't boot properly (and instead showing the error symbol) 4/5 times I try. Is that a related issue or where can I get help with that?

EDIT: for anyone wondering; I had to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for the boot problems to go away. There's a very long list of things you can try to resolve problems like this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/big-list-of-solutions-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/
(for El Capitan in this case but still seems to be accurate in my case)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm following "Framebuffer/connector patches", when I try to read the bios decode dump I get something very different from the guide (radeon_bios_decode_dump.txt and redsock_bios_decode_dump.txt). Could you please guide me on what I'm doing incorrectly.

Attached IOReg if it helps.

Thank you

Attachments

• radeon_bios_decode_dump.txt
    231 bytes · Views: 121
  • redsock_bios_decoder_dump.txt
    50.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Hackintosh.ioreg
    8.1 MB · Views: 164
please guide me on what I'm doing incorrectly
Unlikely a connector patch is required, legacy audio kext installed
Remove HDAEnabler1.kext and/or HDAEnabler2.kext, where ever installed
Restart
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Unlikely a connector patch is required, legacy audio kext installed
Remove HDAEnabler1.kext and/or HDAEnabler2.kext, where ever installed
Restart
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files
Thank you that solved the problem

Hi guys, trying to get hdmi audio work on my LG Gram 17 17z990, i7-8565U whyskey lake uhd620, 2560x1600@60Hz display + hdmi 1.4 socket, CX8200. hdmi video output works fine, but hdmi audio device does not occure when I connect the tv to hdmi port. I used A. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - acidanthera/WhateverGreen method from the 1-st post in this thread to make it work. ioreg and supported info is in the attach. Thank you

Attachments

• debug.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 208
The Intel HDMI audio codec is missing, IOHDACodecDevice should show 2 audio devices
Verify BIOS/.../CPU Display Audio/Enabled
Yes, you right, it is missing. The question is why? In bios all is OK. In windows hdmi audio works fine. With voodoohda I can see the missing codec:
----------------------------------------
VoodooHDA
Codec: Intel [Unknown] [8086:280b]
Controller: Intel Corporation
----------------------------------------
VoodooHDA
Codec: Conexant [Unknown] [14f1:2008]
Controller: Intel Corporation
but it doesn't work with voodoo - I can't hear anything from my tv. I attached ioreg with voodoohda for reference.
Thank you.

Attachments

• voodoohda_dimas_MacBook_Air.zip
    675.4 KB · Views: 199
Back