Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Hi, I've tried Option A as described in the first post of this thread. I've recently re-installed macOS, so AppleHDA.kext should be fresh. I've placed AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext in the "others" folder of the Clover kexts folder.

The only audio device that appears in the system settings is the USB audio adapter that I'm using now. The problem with the USB audio adapter is that moving the mouse using doing anything more than idling causes a screeching/noise to come out of my (screen) speakers. I want to connect my screen speakers using DisplayPort audio instead. (and then maybe use the audio output of my screen for other speakers)

I have previously been able to get audio working in this hardware setup (I've reinstalled since) but it broke after an update and I haven't been able to restore it. However, I always had to restart the audio output app (Backgroundmusic) after screen sleep. Audio also worked over the motherboard Realtek 1150 output but that also broke (and it had the same screeching problem as the USB audio adapter so I never used it).

What I find strange is the fact that while looking around in the clover boot screen options, a list of normal-looking audio devices appeared that I can't access while in macOS. (I've attached a screen picture) I've also included a screen picture of the visible log of clover loading.

Is it actually necessary to install the kexts into Library/Extensions? Can I not place them in the clover "other" kexts folder instead and have them injected upon boot?
If that is necessary after all, how can I restore my Library/Extensions if I choose to not use this method after installing the kexts there? (Last time I tried restoring the folder it got completely messed up and unhappy)

macOS 10.13.6, MSI Z170A Gaming M5 ATX, Intel Core i7 6700K, Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6GB
ioreg -rxn IOHDACodecDevice | grep VendorID produces no output.
ioreg -rxn AppleGFXHDADriver | grep vendorcodecID produces no output.
The folder EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched is empty.

Attachments

• problem report.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 84
I've placed AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext in the "others" folder of the Clover kexts folder.
IOReg does not show AppleALC.kext or WhateverGreen.kext
IOReg does show Lilu.kext_v1.2.4, obsolete/update
IOReg does show NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, deprecated/remove
ioreg -rxn IOHDACodecDevice | grep VendorID produces no output.
Codecs are disabled, verify BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled
Is it actually necessary to install the kexts into Library/Extensions?
See [GUIDE] Installing 3rd Party Kexts - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave +

IOReg does not show AppleALC.kext or WhateverGreen.kext
IOReg does show Lilu.kext_v1.2.4, obsolete/update
IOReg does show NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, deprecated/remove

Codecs are disabled, verify BIOS/.../HD Audio/Enabled

See [GUIDE] Installing 3rd Party Kexts - El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave +
Thank you so much! I really didn't know that using the "other" folder was bad.
It seems I only had to turn off SIP and then use Hackintool to install the kexts. Now the only kext left in "other" is FakeSMC.kext which is apparently necessary to have there. HDMI/DP Audio works just great now!
I also installed FakeSMC.kext to /L/E along with the other ones because it displayed "missing dependency" errors if I didn't include it there too. Is that ok or will that cause something to break later on?

I'm still experiencing intermittent prohibitory symbol errors on boot. It won't boot properly (and instead showing the error symbol) 4/5 times I try. Is that a related issue or where can I get help with that?

EDIT: for anyone wondering; I had to replace OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi for the boot problems to go away. There's a very long list of things you can try to resolve problems like this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/big-list-of-solutions-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/
(for El Capitan in this case but still seems to be accurate in my case)

Last edited:
Hi, I'm following "Framebuffer/connector patches", when I try to read the bios decode dump I get something very different from the guide (radeon_bios_decode_dump.txt and redsock_bios_decode_dump.txt). Could you please guide me on what I'm doing incorrectly.

Attached IOReg if it helps.

Thank you

Attachments

• radeon_bios_decode_dump.txt
    231 bytes · Views: 121
  • redsock_bios_decoder_dump.txt
    50.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Hackintosh.ioreg
    8.1 MB · Views: 162
please guide me on what I'm doing incorrectly
Unlikely a connector patch is required, legacy audio kext installed
Remove HDAEnabler1.kext and/or HDAEnabler2.kext, where ever installed
Restart
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Unlikely a connector patch is required, legacy audio kext installed
Remove HDAEnabler1.kext and/or HDAEnabler2.kext, where ever installed
Restart
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files
Thank you that solved the problem

Hi guys, trying to get hdmi audio work on my LG Gram 17 17z990, i7-8565U whyskey lake uhd620, 2560x1600@60Hz display + hdmi 1.4 socket, CX8200. hdmi video output works fine, but hdmi audio device does not occure when I connect the tv to hdmi port. I used A. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - acidanthera/WhateverGreen method from the 1-st post in this thread to make it work. ioreg and supported info is in the attach. Thank you

Attachments

• debug.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 208
Back