Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Here you go
ssdt was requested with original Problem Reporting files
Contact the ssdt developer, problems with:
Method (_SB.PCI0.HDEF._DSM, 4, NotSerialized), hda-gfx injection is not used with HD4600
Method (_SB.PCI0.HDAU._DSM, 4, NotSerialized), not needed with WhateverGreen and AppleALC

hi, after upgrading to mojave 10.14.3 hdmi audio is lost, only have headphones jack working using appleALC and fakepciid intel method, but...i noticed that if the computer boots up and the monitor ( LG TV ) is turned off and then after booting i turn the tv on everything goes fine: both audio hdmi and jack are present and work. hdmi hot unplug and plug back gives no result if tv is turned on before computer- only audio thru jack aux...any ideas thanks.

system: Intel NUC6i3syh with HD520 graphics
monitor - LG TV
mac OS: mojave 10.14.3 ( 18D109 )
installed using Rehabman Nuc installation method with appleALC and fakepciid intel hdmi audio.

Attachments

• Files attached.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
after upgrading to mojave 10.14.3 hdmi audio is lost
You have identified the problem correctly, Intel HDMI audio codec is not present if TV is on during boot.
Turning the TV on after boot is a hot pug and macOS recognizes the Intel HDMI audio codec
installed using Rehabman Nuc installation method with appleALC and fakepciid intel hdmi audio
Suggest posting to RehabMan's Mojave NUC6 Installation thread.

You have identified the problem correctly, Intel HDMI audio codec is not present if TV is on during boot.
Turning the TV on after boot is a hot pug and macOS recognizes the Intel HDMI audio codec

Suggest posting to RehabMan's Mojave NUC6 Installation thread.
thanx

Hello! I have a t470P thinkpad i7 7700HQ. Audio is perfectly working with lilu and applealc. Problem is that I can't get minidp audio to work. To say the truth it worked once while spoofing to skylake gpu ids but it lasted one reboot. I don't really know what is going on, and i'll be glad if some one can help me. With fakepciid I don't have any audio at all. Attached debug info, ioreg with and without minidp.

Attachments

• debug_23037.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 95
I posted some debug info in my post
Link

Hi there,

I'm at a loss right now, trying to get HDMI audio to work again after upgrading my HTPC to High Sierra (Mojave not possible due to HD 3000 graphics).

CPU/GPU: i3-2105 w/ Intel HD 3000 graphics

When I try to run the audio_cloverHDMI script (also older versions), this is the output I get:

Code:
HDMI audio codec(s)
Intel:    0x80862805
Integrated Graphics is not installed/enabled
Install AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (y/n):

I'm pretty sure the iGPU is enabled, at least the GUI feels like it is, and all attempts to enable it "more" resulted in poorer performance.
Or don't the older versions of the script support HD 3000 either?

I attached my config.plist for reference.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 181
audio_cloverHDMI script
Deprecated.
See Post #1/II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods/1. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - acidanthera/WhateverGreen
Install HDMI audio
Problems, see Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

I recently got everything setup and running with my Mojave hackintosh.

I have audio going right now with Bluetooth to my sound bar, however I’d like to have the option to use my HDMI output as well. My card has a display port.

If I used the display port to hdmi would this fix the problem?

i7-5820k, MSI gtx 960

Back