Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

For a display with both inputs, switch from DP2HDMI or HDMI2DP, same as hot plug.
Video shows hot plug, Nvidia driver problem.

Hello, I am currently using WebDriver 387.10.10.10.40.105
Can I upgrade to WebDriver 387.10.10.40.113 to solve this problem,
Is this a common problem?
thank you

Last edited:
Hi Toleda, Thanks in advance. Had DisplayPort Audio working on Sierra, but updated to High Sierra and I couldn't get it back with your guid.
1. Displayport audio not listed in System Prefs/Audio
2. 10.13.6/Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX/Bios F5c
3.cloverALC patch

Attachments

• DisplayPort_Audio_Torubleshooting.zip
    5 MB · Views: 75
couldn't get it back with your guid.
Did not use the guide from this thread. IOReg shows nothing from Post #1 is installed
cloverALC patch
cloverALC is deprecated, was not used for onboard audio and does not install HDMI audio

Make a bootable backup and USB/Clover booter
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext is deprecated
Lilu.kext is so old the version is not noted
Remove EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.13\all kexts and SSDT-HDEF-1 (useless, not applicable to x99)
Update Clover
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast ... and II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/A. acidanthera/AppleALC
Verify ALC1150 audio working
Remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEGP@1 (useless, not applicable to x99)
See Post #1/II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods/1. AMD/Nvidia/Intel - acidanthera/WhateverGreen
Restart, reply with new files

No MiniDP Audio, picture is fine. Audio device shown in System Preferences - Sound as "Panasonic TV - HDMI".

Attachments

• debug.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Audio device shown in System Preferences - Sound as "Panasonic TV - HDMI".
IOReg shows DP/HDMI audio working
Select "Panasonic TV - HDMI" > HDMI audio, yes?
Are you using a miniDP2HDMI adapter?
What exactly is the problem to solve?

IOReg shows DP/HDMI audio working
Select "Panasonic TV - HDMI" > HDMI audio, yes?
Are you using a miniDP2HDMI adapter?
What exactly is the problem to solve?
Yes I have chosen HDMI Audio as my output, I am using a MiniDP > HDMI adapter which go to my Receiver(Confirmed working on Linux).
The problem is that there is no sound output. Neither in system sounds, Safari(Youtube etc), Kodi(Movies) or Itunes.
I have attached another file, with some updated information in plist and ioreg when connected to the device. I had uploaded the wrong plist before.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
What is the connection to the TV?
Computer >DP2HDMI > Receiver > HDMI & Toslink > TV

No difference if I choose TV Speakers or Surround Sound in my TV audio output settings.

Back