Not an ignorance problem, screenshots:
Go to Post #1, find the link in the screenshot, click on link
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 5.05.48 PM.png
In Sourceforege.net page, find the link in the screenshot, click on link
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 5.09.12 PM.png
In the github.com page, find
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 5.13.08 PM.png

Hi,
I have failed to install the HDMI audio driver for GT1030 Nvidia. I have tried the ways listed in your post but still it failed to work.

Note: I had successfully used intel HDMI audio before and I have recently upgrade to GT1030. I am not sure if this is the root ca
use. But I have removed the patches / modification according to your post.

I have attached the required files for your reference. I think I have made some progress, the system can see the nvidia HDMI codec, but not shown in the system preferences, and now i am just waiting for the last piece of the puzzle, I guess

[edited] pls ignore the computer description in the file, actually, My problem is with this machine:..
the correct configuration is i5-4460, Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H, with 16G RAM and Gigabyte Nvidia GT1030

Attachments

• report_niceiceman.zip
    14.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Will the AppleALC.kext (1.2.7) work on 10.13.5?

Thanks

Toleda:

I just updated to 10.13.5 and my HDMI audio is dead. I am testing an XFX Radeon Vega 64, just so you know, and it and HDMI audio was working just fine with 10.13.3 and even 10.13.4. I've tried a new AppleALC, tried to build a new SSDT-HDMI.aml, tried reverting to the previous AppleHDA, tried a bunch of things, and it's a no-go.

Audio through the green port on the back of the motherboard does work, but HDMI audio is dead. Booting back into 10.13.4 and the HDMI audio on the Vega works.....

Before I do a bunch of postings on this, do you want to work with me on this? Do you think you can help me with this?

Toleda:

I just updated to 10.13.5 and my HDMI audio is dead. I am testing an XFX Radeon Vega 64, just so you know, and it and HDMI audio was working just fine with 10.13.3 and even 10.13.4. I've tried a new AppleALC, tried to build a new SSDT-HDMI.aml, tried reverting to the previous AppleHDA, tried a bunch of things, and it's a no-go.

Audio through the green port on the back of the motherboard does work, but HDMI audio is dead. Booting back into 10.13.4 and the HDMI audio on the Vega works.....

Before I do a bunch of postings on this, do you want to work with me on this? Do you think you can help me with this?

This I cannot explain: I added whatevergreen kext, and initially no change. 10 reboots later, no change. Then, magically, for no reason and no change on my part, not in the bios, and not in the EFI, all of sudden, it started to work....which means I don't need your help......so, thanks, anyway!

Back