Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Yes, contact Nvidia
Mmm, I see that something complicated. By the way, I saw that can also be solved if I make a backup of the .kext AppleHDA, version 10.13.3 of High Sierra, and then inject that kext in version 10.13.4, is it true, it would be a faster way to solve the problem?

Because then I could install High Sierra 10.13.3, enable HDMI audio, and then make a backup of that AppleHDA.kext and then update to 10.13.4 ... can this be done?

By the way, I saw that can also be solved if I make a backup of the .kext AppleHDA, version 10.13.3 of High Sierra, and then inject that kext in version 10.13.4, is it true, it would be a faster way to solve the problem?
Noted in Post #2.
Because then I could install High Sierra 10.13.3, enable HDMI audio, and then make a backup of that AppleHDA.kext and then update to 10.13.4 ... can this be done?
Yes, as above. Required after each Software Update. May not work with 10.14.

Code:
4. Nvidia - vit9696/NvidiaGraphicsFixup - NvidiaGraphicsFixup (Any SIP, any bootloader)
Downloads

lvs1974/NvidiaGraphicsFixup
    Lilu

Or MultiBeast 10+ > Customize > Graphics Configuration > √ Nvidia Graphics Fixup/Build/Install

Installs NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions
    Set necessary boot arguments (config.plist)

Where do I find guidance for the last part? (Set necessary boot arguments (config.plist))

1050 issue is driver, HDMI audio ssdt and patch are working. See Post #1/Notes/Nvidia
Thank you - I had read the line about macOS 10.13.4 and skipped to post #2 and had not seen that note previously. so am waiting now to see if nVidia address the issue in their next driver release. Then I can use the 1050 in another of my hacks :)

Where do I find guidance for the last part?
Post #1/4. Nvidia - vit9696/NvidiaGraphicsFixup - Click link
Repo: Follow NvidiaGraphicsFixup - Click link
Repo: Boot-args ...

Last edited:
Toleda,

I would like to say thank you for all your help with everything you have done to assist us with getting sound on HDMI.

Not sure if this is applicable but I tried your fix for NVIDIA by replacing DE10BB0F with my device id but that didn't take. Ended up searching the forums and found that DE100B0E was what needed to be replaced. I am not sure if that is specific for my computer but I am throwing it out there in case it might help others.

Nonetheless, if it wasn't for your guides, myself and others here would still be without sound.

Thank You!

tried your fix for NVIDIA by replacing DE10BB0F with my device id but that didn't take. Ended up searching the forums and found that DE100B0E was what needed to be replaced.
Post #2 shows, Find: DE100B0E
DE10BB0F
is one of many valid Replace values, also noted in Post #2

Post #1/4. Nvidia - vit9696/NvidiaGraphicsFixup - Click link
Repo: Follow NvidiaGraphicsFixup - Click link
Repo: Boot-args ...
Excuse my ignorance, but as I said, I'm totally new to the world of hackintosh, I only have a few weeks ... Toleda said it is possible to enable hdmi audio from NvidiaGraphicsFixUp.kext with boot args? If so, how do you do or what are those boot args?

Back