Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

I have a Z370 motherboard with an i3-8100 and iGPU Intel UHD 630.
I have no HDMI system setup atm
I like method 2 BUT I don't understand how to perform some of the steps.
In particular these ones:

- Devices/AddProperties (IntelGFX/hda-gfx=onboard-1 for HDMI audio, all Intel HD Graphics)
Devices/AddProperties: IntelGFX (This is clear)
What should I put in Key*?
What should I put in Value*?
What should I put in Value Type?

- Devices/AddProperties (HDA/hda-gfx=onboard-1 for HDMI audio, 6/7/100/200/300 Series only)
Devices/AddProperties: HDA (This is clear)
What should I put in Key*?
What should I put in Value*?
What should I put in Value Type?

- KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/ (HDMI audio, ... 0x ..., 0x ..., framebuffer patch, all Intel HD Graphics)
This one is really cryptic

Thanks for your help!

I like method 2
Method 1 does everything for you, no edits required:
Method 2:
1. Property List Editor?
2. config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist?
3. Copy noted properties from config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist to config.plist

Method 1 does everything for you, no edits required:
Method 2:
1. Property List Editor?
2. config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist?
3. Copy noted properties from config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist to config.plist

Thanks I'd like to learn to edit the files myself.
I was using Clover. Clover has such properties under Devices/AddProperties and the noted properties don't fit those fields.
Are you referring to the properties on Post 1 Method 2?
Should I use a different property list editor like BBEdit.app?

Ahh maybe I got it. I saw the files you pointed to and have to copy those values into my config plist.

Last edited:
Hi All, hi Toleda, (first, sorry for my bad english, not is my native language)

I'm pretty frustrated with this to enable the HDMI of my graphics card, I've been practically 2 days trying without much rest, to be able to activate the sound of the HDMI port of my graphics card without having to use VooDoo, took several attempts, and several reinstallations of Mac I tried with CloverAudioHDMI, modifying AppleALC with XCode, patching AppleHDAController in config.plist with XCode (then after seeing that it did not work, I reversed the changes and left the file config.plist as before). The clover hdmi audio installed a file "SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml" in the folder / EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched, but it did not work either, help me please, I do not know what I'm doing wrong, or I do not know if something It is badly configured. I am totally new to the world of Hackintosh.

Oh, by the way, shortly after trying the script clover hdmi audio, and see that it did not work, frustrated, I installed VooDoo from Multibeast High Sierra Edition, that did work, but I do not want to enable the sound with VooDoo, I want to do it with your method . So before trying the methods of Post # 2, I eliminated all traces of VooDoo, but still the clover hdmi audio script throws me the error that there is another audio codec enabled for the HDMI of the graphics card, but uninstalled the kext, prepanef, application, and getdump, and still throw me that error. I hope this has a solution, I am quite frustrated but it does not take away the hope that I have a solution, and that all this is because I have configured something wrong. Thanks in advance.

Specifications of my hackintosh:

-High Sierra 10.13.4 (17E202)
-Motherboard Gibabyte GA-H110M-H DDR3
-Intel Core i5 6400
-Asus Strix GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I attach all the files I could; such as: "SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0", screenshots, config.plist, file.ioreg, AppleHDA.kext, among others

Thanks again.

Attachments

• LO1410 iMac.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 83
Hello again,

After checking yesterday's files, and seeing the name of VooDoo appear everywhere, I decided to do another clean installation of MacOS, to see if maybe the fault was that. After installing High Sierra completely, applying the security update, installing the Nvidia drivers ... I ran the clover hdmi audio script, and it installed the file "SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml", as it always does, and then I rebooted the computer, but before that I checked in IORegistryExplorer, that HDAU does not show up, but after restarting it did appear, I do not know if there is any problem in that. The problem is that despite having installed the file in the folder / EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched, the HDMI is still not working, so without touching anything else, I modified and compiled an AppleALC.kext, and installed it with EasyKext, then I restarted the PC, and after that the HDMI audio of the graphics card still does not work, but I checked the IORegistryExplorer, and now comes a section "AppleHDAController" under "HDA @ 0,1" which was not before, until I installed AppleALC.kext. I leave some screenshots, .kexts and attach the new .ioreg file, and another files.

ScreenShot 2018-05-27.png

Thanks in advance again.

Attachments

• LO1410 Problem Report Files.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
The HDMI audio ssdt is working.
Nvidia web driver problem, see Post #1/Notes/Nvidia

So I need adapters for the other ports of the graphics card until I get the correct port to eject audio ?, because I only have one HDMI port and for the other ports I would need adapters.

Back