Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Okay. Attached a new .zip. I double checked and made sure everything was in it. Hope I didn't miss anything. Thanks again.

Attachments

• toleda script.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 91
dsdt problem
See Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]/Post #2666
Run MaciASL and remove the 5 lines of code as noted in the post
Compile/Save As ../ACPI Machine Language Binary/DSDT.aml
Install edited dsdt to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml
Restart and reply with new files
See attached for new files. Thanks once again.

Attachments

• toleda script 2.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 94
ssdt is working, however, the Nvidia HDMI audio driver is not.
Try hot plugging the display
Hot plugging HDMI cable to testing HDMI monitor works. DP Apple cinema display still no audio through DP. Maybe audio is only supported over USB on Cinema display?? :problem: . If that's the case I'll just move right along and be happy with this. I at least have audio over HDMI for my other monitor. Thanks.

Maybe audio is only supported over USB on Cinema display??
The Cinema Display supports both USB audio and DP audio. All 4xx through 9xx Nvidia cards support DP, HDMI, and DVI audio, 10xx cards have a driver problem which remains unresolved since the release.

The Cinema Display supports both USB audio and DP audio. All 4xx through 9xx Nvidia cards support DP, HDMI, and DVI audio, 10xx cards have a driver problem which remains unresolved since the release.
Okay.

Yeah still waiting for this, do you know if Nvidia have been made aware of this issue, I suppose if the problem is not effecting mac's and just effecting hackintosh's they may never fix it.

Hi Toleda, I'm having a lot of difficulty getting the HDMI output working. My hackintosh is a GA-Z77-DS3H board with i7-3770 and NVidia 1030 running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 ... For generic audio, I was using the simple AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other and injecting it in config.plist, and it seems to work fine with the ALC887 chip on board. For HDMI, I run your script audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.7.command, which installed in /CLOVER/ACPI/patched the SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml, and rebooted the machine. I see that now in the Audio section under "Intel High Definition Audio" the HDMI/DisplayPort output appears, but not under "Devices" ... also, the Sound Properties does not show the HDMI output either... I looked into your documentation - with IOREG search for HDEF and there are no "Credits" ... under GFX0 I find hda-gfx with value "onboard-2" ... under display0 I find the right connector-type <00 08 00 00> and under HDAU also get hda-gfx with value "onboard-2" ... seems that at the lowest levels it finds the HDMI output, but then when it is supposed to create a "device" it is failing. Any suggestions? Sending you all the information you requested in the attached file.

Thanks!

Attachments

• hdmi.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 80
Back