Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

s if that's the only strange/incorrect thing you see within the information/logs I provided.
Problem: macOS does not see the the HDMI codec on the attached display
Fact: graphics cards run x16, x8 or x4
No idea if x1 is the only remaining problem

Problem: macOS does not see the the HDMI codec on the attached display
Fact: graphics cards run x16, x8 or x4
No idea if x1 is the only remaining problem

I noticed that every once in a while, the USB ports in the back are dead at logon, and I can immediately tell from the fact that the WiFi icon in the top right corner shows "no USB NIC plugged in". I reboot and everything works again, can't pinpoint what the cause is (maybe just failing hardware? I hope not).

Strangely enough it just happened as I turned the computer on to check this PCIex/PCI thing.
Here's the screenshot:

pciex.png

Rebooted maybe six times, USB wireless always showing up, PCIe Lane Width always 1.

Aside from all that, are there any suggestions on anything I could try? The HDMI audio interface is recognized by DPCI Manager after all:

hdmi.png

Thanks to @toleda for the replies and to any of you who will contribute, guys...

Last edited:
EDIT:
I noticed that every once in a while, the USB ports in the back are dead at logon, and I can immediately tell from the fact that the WiFi icon in the top right corner shows "no USB NIC plugged in". I reboot and everything works again, can't pinpoint what the cause is (maybe just failing hardware? I hope not).

it indeed seems like the two things are unrelated and independent. I've kept rebooting and I've had all USB working AND the 8x PCI Lane Width.
I'm attaching another full report @8x taken a minute ago.
ALSO including AppleALC.kext that I forgot to include earlier.

Attachments

• report2.zip
    5 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
including AppleALC.kext that I forgot to include earlier.
The attached AppleHDA.kext is not native, all Resources/native files are missing
Restore native AppleHDA.kext

The attached AppleHDA.kext is not native, all Resources/native files are missing
Restore native AppleHDA.kext

As I resumed working on this Hack after a while, I must have forgotten about having modified it, still can't remember how and when it happened.. Since Lilu+AppleALC successfully enabled the Realtek audio chip on the board, I assumed it was "vanilla".

Would you mind checking this one out? Just extracted with Pacifist

Edit: installed it, still no HDMI sound output.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Back