Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Did not remove ALL old versions.
I have but I cannot include any info such as the boot log with those new kext’s because my computer will not boot up to begin with when I put in those new kexts in. I have followed the method described in post #1 multiple times and have encountered a kernel error each time.

Could it possibly be other kexts that I have in my “Clover/kexts/other” that are conflicting with Lilu and WhateverGreen, causing me to get a Panic error when installing updated versions? I have attached the kexts that I am using in my Clover folder. *Please note that I do indeed have the latest versions of Lilu AppleALC and WhateverGreen installed in "Library/Extensions" with kextbeast. However a kernel panic still results.*

Attachments

• Other.zip
    522.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
followed the method described in post #1 multiple times and have encountered a kernel error each time.
Have not found the source of the problem, expect the same result each time.
Suggestion: remove Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen. Restart, reply with IOReg.

Have not found the source of the problem, expect the same result each time.
Suggestion: remove Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen. Restart, reply with IOReg.

Have removed Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen. I cannot boot into Mac anymore. I get a kernel panic. Because i can not get into my system, I cannot report the IORegistry

Have removed Lilu, AppleALC and WhateverGreen. I cannot boot into Mac anymore. I get a kernel panic. Because i can not get into my system, I cannot report the IORegistry

UPDATE: Was able to boot back into system after putting back old version of Lilu

UPDATE 2: I was able to install the latest version of Lilu and AppleALC but the latest version of WhateverGreen seems to be the kext causing problems because, in verbose mode, WhateverGreen appears before the boot up comes to a halt, then the system goes into a kernel panic. I am currently in the process of removing the WhateverGreen kext and getting my system back up.

UPDATE 3: I was able to install all the latest kexts of Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC. However, I still do not have HDMI audio. I will attach the proper requested IOReg now.

Attachments

• IOREG.ioreg
    8.1 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
hi, I am trying to get HDMI out to work in my fresh new Mojave 10.14.2 install. I have a zotac gt710 natively recognized and working with nject Nvidia in multibeast.
I installed Mojave, and for postinstallation I used latest multibeast. from there I selected AppleALC and I have audio working (but not HDMI out).
so following this guide I also installed lilu and whatevergreen kexts in L/E via kextbeast, but after rebooting still HDMI out not working. am I missing something?

the strange thing is, before installing in my ssd, I installed Mojave with the same method on an old sata hd, and there hdmi out worked out of the box without installing anything! how can it be?

tia and either way! :)

I confirm if I put my sata hd where first I tried Mojave, hdmi out works perfectly! while if I connect with my ssd drive, hdmi out is not working. only difference between the two installs is that in multibeast, for the sata hd installation, i didn't add the "SSDT Sandy Bridge Core i5" option, that instead I added in the ssd installation, can that be the culprit?

in both the installs I selected "nject nvidia", and I see I am booting with use nvidia web drivers = 1.

but I see there are some differences in system info, in the install where hdmi out works, I see the board is recognized as "NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 1023MB" (and in system profiler I see "Metal: Supported - features set macOS GPUFamily1 v4" and a VBIOS ROM particular version), while in the install where hdmi out doesn't work, it is recognized as "Zotac GeForce GT 710 1024 MB" (and in system profiler I only see "Metal: Supported" and no VBIOS ROM version), why this difference?

please help! thanks!

still do not have HDMI audio
AppleALC does not support the AppleHDAController patch for GTX 750 Ti.
See Post #1/X. Deprecated Methods/Post #2/Nvidia HDMI Audio/Workarounds/2. Add AppleHDAController patch: Find is the same, replace is de10bc0f
Restart
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

thanks for the reply, well it seems i fixed my problem..as said i performed the exact same kind of installation in both a old sata hd and my main ssd drive (from scratch, so also repartitioned and completely wiped all partitions in the two drives), and with same multibeast options, in the sata install hdmi out worked fine while in the ssd not. i also noticed clover at boot showed different on the two installs (theme and some boot flags) so i compared the content of the efi partitions of the two drives.. guess what, they where different.. dunno why it looks like multibeast installed fully as per my options in the sata hd, but didn't install all correct files in the ssd!! dunno why..

anyway, copying all content of drivers64efi and kexts>other folders and also config.plist from the sata install to the ssd efi partition fixed hdmi out also on the ssd install!!

so strange...
thanks anyway! :)

No HDMI audio

Attachments

• debug_31517.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 62
Back