Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Thank you for the quick answer.
-I have no such option in Bios regarding IGPU audio, and HDMI audio works under Windows anyway.
I know macOS does not see Intel HDMI audio codec, would that be a kext? Or a patch?
-I'm not sure what RehabMan patch for LVDS port is, did you find that in my clover.plist? (sorry for sounding noob, I'm a little confused between graphic, audio, and hdmi)
-I'm willing to update to 10.13.6 but I have 2 obstacles (described more in details in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-gen-coffee-lake.251330/page-19#post-1836129): I don't really want APFS, and I can't update RehabMan clover past 4359, it's stuck at boot.
-I'll try RehabMan HDMI audio guide, thank you for leading me there. ;)

I know macOS does not see Intel HDMI audio codec, would that be a kext? Or a patch?
BIOS, the HDMI audio controller device id does not in appear in macOS. Verify with Windows/Device Manager; vendor_id is 8086, not 10de or 10ec.
not sure what RehabMan patch for LVDS port is
My mistake, disabled
don't really want APFS, and I can't update RehabMan clover past 4359, it's stuck at boot
High Sierra runs on HFS+, if you choose. RehabMan Clover, off topic.

Exactly
macOS/Nvidia HDMI audio is working, Nvidia driver is not

Just wanted to say thanks Toleada and post an update. I received the DP2HDMI adapter today and now my HDMI audio is working after using it. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me getting it working.

Kinspappy

BIOS, the HDMI audio controller device id does not in appear in macOS. Verify with Windows/Device Manager; vendor_id is 8086, not 10de or 10ec.
I just checked in Windows, it is 10ec: "INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&REV_1000"
Does that mean I can't make HDMI audio under macOS?
High Sierra runs on HFS+, if you choose. RehabMan Clover, off topic.
Until 10.13.5, I read. So I suppose 10.13.5 is the latest High Sierra with HFS+.

Thank you for your posts, toleda.

Last edited by a moderator:
just checked in Windows, it is 10ec: "INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&REV_1000"
Does that mean I can't make HDMI audio under macOS?
10ec is Realtek, the Intel HDMI audio codec is not available in either macOS or Windows, verify BIOS setting
Until 10.13.5, I read. So I suppose 10.13.5 is the latest High Sierra with HFS+.
Not true, 10.13.6 works with HFS+, even 10.14 works with HFS+.

10ec is Realtek, the Intel HDMI audio codec is not available in either macOS or Windows, verify BIOS setting
Does that mean Windows passes HDMI audio through the dGPU Geforce? (because it works under Windows)
Not true, 10.13.6 works with HFS+, even 10.14 works with HFS+.
For Mojave, I agree.
For HighSierra 10.13.6, I'm a little surprised since a guide said otherwise. I guess I'll have to test for myself.

Back