Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

VoodooHDA gives me perfect sound via Displayport, but sometimes just crashes my computer. I am using a minimal DSDT and clover.plist to run a 10.13.4 freshly installed and vanilla OSX. I can see my ALC269 LineOut and Headphone but no other Output-Device (unless I use Voodoo).

I have a GT 1030 and used the provided AppleALC (2.7) as well as the newest NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Lilu.
My DSDT has a HDAU Device and it shows the correct link to AppleHDA. DPCI sees the device too, I just dont get an output device. As far as I can see (I followed this whole thread) my layout-id and connector-types are ok.

What am I missing ? Pls help me guys.

Hope you can help with this one

1. I have installed a new graphics card GTX1050 to replace a broken one and cannot get HDMI Audio working with it. I uninstalled all previous Audio fixes and started from scratch after first trying just changing the card. I have added the Device ID from IORegistry Explorer as required in Post 2
  2. OS X 10.13.4 /motherboard Gigabyte H81,latest bios version/Intel i3 Haswell/ nVidia GTX1050
  3. Procedure/Guide used - I have used this guide
  4. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (10.11 and newer, search: show hidden files) - attached
  5. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (IV. Tools 2.) - attached
  6. Screenshots
    1. DPCIManager/Status (IV. Tools 3.) DPCIManager is not working - all screens and logs are empty - was going to download a new version but Sourceforge site says the file is infected with Malware - I chose to download anyway to see if AVG would allow it - AVG also detected malware.
    2. System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays - attached
    3. System Preferences/Sound/Output - attached
  7. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log - see above DPCIManager non functional
  8. MaciASL/File/Export Tableset As... (IV. Tools 4.) - attached
  9. Terminal/Shell/File/Export Text As. . . /audio_cloverHDMI-1x0.command - attached
  10. Clover (if installed)
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - attached
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log - as previously non functional
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml - don't have one
    4. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml - don't have one
EDITED to add

have managed to download a working DPCIManager - attaching outputs asked for and uploading revised problem report zip

I just could not get it to work - have now resolved by buying an old card like the previous one GTX750ti - applied the correct device ID and everything is sorted (apart from having a GTX1050 paperweight)

2 questions please:

1. Do I need to be using Nvidia web drivers?

2. what if HDAU doesn't show up in IORegistryExplorer? I can see nvAccelerator, several NVDA, NVDAgl and etc.

Thanks

Do I need to be using Nvidia web drivers?
If no Nvidia graphics card, no Nvidia drivers required
what if HDAU doesn't show up in IORegistryExplorer?
Depends
a. Intel HDMI audio uses HDEF (except Haswell and Broadwell, uses HDAU)
b. AMD/Nvidia, HDMI audio is not installed

If no Nvidia graphics card, no Nvidia drivers required

I was using GTX770. Do I still need to be using the web drivers before I can get HDMI audio?

Depends
a. Intel HDMI audio uses HDEF (except Haswell and Broadwell, uses HDAU)
b. AMD/Nvidia, HDMI audio is not installed

My setup does not provide any video output off the CPU (dual Xeon LGA2011). Where do I get "HMDI audio"?

I copied NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to Clover kext/Others and I didn't see HDMI audio come up in Sound => Output settings. HDMI audio didn't come up in Audio section of "System Information".

My TV (and acting as a second display and connected via HDMI) is on when I checking if HDMI audio is working.

Thanks a lot!

Do I still need to be using the web drivers before I can get HDMI audio?
No.
10.13.4, see Post #2
My setup does not provide any video output off the CPU (dual Xeon LGA2011). Where do I get "HMDI audio"?
No graphics, no HDMI audio
I copied NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to Clover kext/Others and I didn't see HDMI audio come up in Sound => Output settings. HDMI audio didn't come up in Audio section of "System Information".
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

I have a GTX770. I am not sure where to get the "HDMI audio" you mentioned. You said "b. AMD/Nvidia, HDMI audio is not installed".
See Post #1/II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods

Back