Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

This is the most straightforward guide for you and I don't think there is more to Nvidia HDMI Audio. It's that easy.

Thank You! that helped me. I changed my AppleALC.kext with yours and my sound is working again!

1. Description of HDMI audio problem
I have no HDMI audio output,
i have all other audio outputs i need.

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
  • OSX 10.13.4
  • Gigabyte z370 Aorus 7
  • bios F-5
  • i7 8700k cpu
  • 1080ti gpu
3. procedures used:
  • Applealc.kext(1.2.6)
  • nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext (1.2.6)
  • lilu.kext (1.2.3)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3 MB · Views: 100
have no HDMI audio output,
Nvidia 10x0/driver problem, see Post #1, Notes/Nvidia
FYI, HDMI audio is enabled in Post #629, nothing installed since solves the driver problem.

Last edited:
Nvidia 10x0/driver problem, see Post #1, Notes/Nvidia
FYI, HDMI audio is enabled in Post #629, nothing installed since solves the driver problem.

Thanks! Using a different HDMI input worked.
I tried HDMI 1 and HDMI through the TB3 alpine ridge card (through displayport). But HDMI 2 port works! :)

I think you are simply complicating things.

Do the following:
1. Remove any scripts. The CloverHDMI script doesn't work for half the people out there.
2. Restore any backup config.plist the script has created.
3. Install latest Nvidia Graphics drivers. It's v387.10.10.10.30.107 for 10.13.4 supplement update build 17E202.
4. Have these 3 kexts in your clover/kexts/other folder (lilu.kext, nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and applealc.kext) Make sure all are their latest versions. From here. If you don't use the latest kexts as of today, HDMI Audio will not work and you have no one but yourself to blame for it.
5. Remove any extra kexts like VoodooHDA.kext or HDMIAudio.kext if you have them installed.

Reboot.

NOW.... If HDMI Audio still doesn't work, backup AppleHDA.kext from System/library/Extensions folder compress it and keep it safe. Install AppleHDA.kext from 10.13.3 I have enclosed with the help of kextbeast app in the same place. Remove AppleALC.kext from clover/kexts/other but keep lilu.kext, nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and reboot. You should 100% get HDMI Audio.

If it still doesn't work, delete your Clover folder and rebuild it with new latest clover install and add all your patches, tweaks one by one and try the above steps once again.

If it STILL doesn't work, May God help you!!

This is the most straightforward guide for you and I don't think there is more to Nvidia HDMI Audio. It's that easy.

LEGEND!!

Thank you so much. Have finally got DisplayPort audio working on my GTX 1080!

Do the following:
1. Remove any scripts. The CloverHDMI script doesn't work for half the people out there.
3. Install latest Nvidia Graphics drivers. It's v387.10.10.10.30.107 for 10.13.4 supplement update build 17E202.
4. Have these 3 kexts in your clover/kexts/other folder (lilu.kext, nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and applealc.kext) Make sure all are their latest versions. From here. If you don't use the latest kexts as of today, HDMI Audio will not work and you have no one but yourself to blame for it.
5. Remove any extra kexts like VoodooHDA.kext or HDMIAudio.kext if you have them installed.

Reboot.

NOW.... If HDMI Audio still doesn't work, backup AppleHDA.kext from System/library/Extensions folder compress it and keep it safe. Install AppleHDA.kext from 10.13.3 I have enclosed with the help of kextbeast app in the same place. Remove AppleALC.kext from clover/kexts/other but keep lilu.kext, nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext and reboot. You should 100% get HDMI Audio.

If it still doesn't work, delete your Clover folder and rebuild it with new latest clover install and add all your patches, tweaks one by one and try the above steps once again.

Thank you very much. I was about to try your instructions so started my mac to do so, and all of the sudden I noticed I had HDMI audio working. I have absolutely no idea what have I done to fix it, but it is working now. It kills me not knowing, though, 'cause I might need to reinstall soon. I will keep your instructions for the future. Thanks again!!!

Do the following:

Reboot.

Thank you. It worked for me after 10.13.4 security update. Took me some time to find AppleALC v1.2.7 though, which is used in the workaround of Toleda's workaround #3 / 2. AppleALC.kext_v1.2.7+/Support

Toleda's workaround #2 won't work for me after this update.

MBO. Asus Z170M Plus
Process i3-6100
Graphic Intel HD530
MacOS 10.13.4

There is sound but NO HDMI devices. Test with several tv and monitors con HDMI

Fresh installation to solve the problem. After install, I used method Audio_cloveHDMI-130.v08 command but nothing changed

Please find my files attached

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    981.2 KB · Views: 149
nothing changed
Missed:
Post #1/II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods /1. cloverHDMI
6. Notes
1. After running script (if present), remove: config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/
  • change HDAS to HDEF (or Rename ...)
Disables HDMI audio; fix config.plist, restart, reply with new files.

Many Thanks Toleda

I. Apple HDMI Audio Methods.
> I ran cloverHDMI_130_v08.command
2. After , I removed config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/
3. I changed HDAS to HDEF with MultiBeast (100 Series Support)
4. Restart

Nothing changed; No HDMI device.

What does mean. "Disables HDMI audio"? Where? In the MBO ???

Please find attached the new files attached

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 106
Back