Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

crunchie
Just out of interest what system definition are you using in your smbios?

iMac14,2

I notice the SSDT mentions 5 connectors. My GFX card only has 3.
1=HDMI, 2=DP, presuming 0=DVI. Perhaps removing some of extra ones may help ( total guess)

toleda
I Know you said the problems i and others are having could be driver issues, but could it be something to do with the system definition thats being used.
Just a thought because crunchie stated he can get hdmi audio from the hdmi port and is using a 14,2 system definition where as im using a 17,1 system definition.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Do the above fixes in the link above effect hdmi audio in anyway?

1. HDMI audio no working. Internal audio working fine thru speakers, but looking to utilize the HDMI audio since my display has built-in speakers.
2. High Sierra 10.13.1,Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming, F7,Intel i5 7600k, Nvidia GeForce 1060 3G
3. Unibeast & Multibeast build for High Sierra
4. AppleHDA.kext is installed in S/L/E. Shows v280.12
5. IOReg (attached)
6. Screenshots (attached)
7. Bootlog (attached)
8. MaciASL (I do not know what you’re asking for??)
9. Terminal output of audio)clover command (attached)
10. I do not have any entries in this directory: EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched

Super appreciative of this forum and all the members willing to help out.

Attachments

• Joe's Stuff.zip
    1 MB · Views: 78
ssdt working; see Post #1/Notes/Nvidia
OK, so that clearly sounds like no audio over HDMI (at this time). Hoping the Nvidia drivers will later support that? Or is this a lost cause all together? Bummer.

Thanks for the information though.

DP and/or DVI may work, only way to know is to try an adapter as noted.
Tried a standard DP (display port) cable and the audio option for my LG UltraWide popped right up! So display port cable option it is! One less thing on the desktop!

Thanks for the feedback!

Back