Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

used your script to get hdmi working with my intel i7 6700k HD530
HD630 is disabled, no HDMI Audio
trying now to use my Nvidia graphics card
script: Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
Confirm EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml installed
See Post #1/Notes/Nvidia

Not supported, remove the non working HDMI audio method installed. The script runs when Nvidia HDMI audio is not enabled.
What is not supported? Am i supposed to add SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-PEG0.aml maually?
What non working HDMI audio method do i have installed? Not sure what to remove.
I have ran the script so hasn't that enabled Nvidia HDMI audio?

What non working HDMI audio method do i have installed?
No idea.
No native HDMI audio on non native hardware.
Something was installed that clearly does not work. Installing a working solution on top of a non working solution will also fail.

I'm using an Nvidia GTX 970 with a 1920x1080 HDMI monitor.

When I first installed High Sierra, the audio output options only listed Airplay options.

After installing AppleALC, I got the sound card options.

Then I copied in an SSDT I had from a previous install that I had labeled "Nvidia HDMI fix". After rebooting with that, I see the HDMI display as an available audio output.

I haven't tested it because the monitor in question doesn't have speakers. But did this SSDT fix HDMI output for the GTX 970? (If so, that seems simpler than running the scripts and stuff referenced in the first post!) Later I will try connecting to a 4K TV to confirm whether sound output is actually working.

Edit: maybe I'm confused and you just said that the Nvidia 10xx doesn't work with the SSDT, whereas I'm on a 9xx and that would explain why it's working OK for me?

whereas I'm on a 9xx and that would explain why it's working OK for me?
Yes, The ssdt supports Nvidia 4xx and newer for HDMI, DP and DVI audio. With respect to the10xx HDMI connector, the driver provides the HDMI audio codec but not the connected HDMI audio device to macOS during boot. Some users get HDMI audio on the HDMI connector with a hot plug after the Desktop appears. Clearly, there is a Pascal specific initialization problem with the driver that Nvidia must address.

Remove dsdt/PEGP and restore dsdt/H000
Hi Toleda, I'm not disappeared! Just working.
Now, I have to say thank you Toleda!
I did the opposed, I renamed H000 inside ssdt into PEGP, it works now. Using audio via DP output.
Thank you again!

Do NividiaGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext interfere with your method of hdmi audio?
Still getting the message when running your script that hdmi audio is enabled but don't know where its coming from.

Back