Contribute
Register

AppleHDA HDMI Audio [Guide]

Hi Toleda!
Copy of this post in archive.

I trying to enable hdmi audio on 10.13.4.
On 10.10 it worked and now I install 10.13.

My situation.
On my geforce gt560 I have 3 ports: 2 DVI + 1 mini-hdmi.
Both DVI ports work fine for video, but only first DVI port works for hdmi-audio.

If I connect to dvi-port-1 panasonic-TV (which can play sound) and no-sound monitor to dvi-port-2, I see in "System preferences/Sound" beautiful "Panasonic-TV / HDMI".

If I connect to dvi-port-1 no-sound monitor and panasonic-TV to dvi-port-2, then in "System preferences/Sound" I not see HDMI. Only "internal speakers" etc.

Additionally my third port - mini-hdmi - absolutely not works.
If I connect any display into it (alone or with other display in one of DVI ports) - no reaction.

If I reboot to windows - all three ports works fine for video and audio.

In install I used variant A: AMD/Nvidia/Intel - acidanthera/WhateverGreen
Next I trying many attempts to tune second DVI, but no success.

Finally I got gt560 bios in windows by GPU-Z and convert it to NVCAP: 04000000 00000300 00000000 00000007 00000000
If I place this NVCAP in clover - only first dvi port works. Second dvi and hdmi not work.
Next for test I removed WhateverGreen.kext from S/L/E, but HDMI-audio continue to work without it if TV is plugged to dvi-port-1.

I have no dsdt/ssdt in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ssdt.

Once in 2012 you helped me too much, big thank you!

Attachments

• diman.matrix.zip
    3 MB · Views: 102
no-sound monitor
What is the make and model?
Does the no-sound monitor support HDMI audio
If I connect to dvi-port-1 panasonic-TV (which can play sound) and no-sound monitor to dvi-port-2, I see in "System preferences/Sound" beautiful "Panasonic-TV / HDMI".
What are you using to enable Nvidia HDMI audio? ssdt? kext? dsdt?
Attach

Monitor is viewsonic vp2365. There is no HDMI port, only DVI, and it completely no support sound.

To enable sound and HDMI I'm using:
1) Multibeast install for ALC892.
2) AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]
( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764 )
Install AppleALC and Lilu.
3) cloverHDMI
( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/ )
4) WhateverGreen

Now I want to HDMI-audio start working with Panasonic-TV plugged to DVI-port-2 and monitor plugged to DVI-port-1.
So I want to understand why my mini-HDMI port is dead in macos. And why NVCAP doesn't tune all ports correctly.

Now I want to HDMI-audio start working with Panasonic-TV plugged to DVI-port-2 and monitor plugged to DVI-port-1.
Why?
IOReg shows HDMI audio is not supported on DVI-2
So I want to understand why my mini-HDMI port is dead in macos. And why NVCAP doesn't tune all ports correctly.
macOS supports my EVGA GTX 570 HD: HDMI, DP, 2xDVI; all with HDMI audio
3) cloverHDMI
cloverHDMI installs a Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt
2nd request, attach ssdt.

Thank you for reply!

Why?
IOReg shows HDMI audio is not supported on DVI-2

Why what? :) Why I need plug TV in dvi-port-2?
Because first and main my device is monitor.
Computer loading process is showing on dvi-port-1 and I need to see the loading process.
So I regularly switching second device between second monitor on my table (if I need to work with 2 monitors), and TV, if I want to see movies.

Can you prompt me where in IOReg you see "HDMI audio is not supported on DVI-2"?
And how to config this DVI-2 port to support HDMI-audio?

cloverHDMI installs a Nvidia HDMI audio ssdt
2nd request, attach ssdt.

I have no any SSDT in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.
May be I installed WhateverGreen first, and after when I started cloverHDMI - he didn't install ssdt?

I deleted WhateverGreen.kext, and HDMI audio on dvi-port-1 continue to work without WhateverGreen and ssdt.
How it's possible?
(Files in my previous attachment is created from config without WhateverGreen and ssdt, but with working sound on dvi-port-1)

System Preferences/Displays/Gather Displays allows you to set primary display
I talk about system loading process, when I change OS to start etc. This process is showing only on DVI-1. DVI-2 is starting only when OS started (macos or windows).

Don't know. Kext?
Which kext?

cloverHDMI installs a ssdt; where did it go?
May be I installed WhateverGreen first, and after when I started cloverHDMI - he didn't install ssdt?

Attach new files
What "new files"? I didn't make any changes in my config after I sent you files in first attachment.

HDMIAudio.kext
I didn't install HDMIAudio.kext 100%

cloverHDMI installs SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA...aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
cloverHDMI may not install any ssdt to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched if you already have working HDMI audio before starting it.
Then cloverHDMI print in terminal log:
Nvidia discrete graphics card 10de1201 found on PEG0@1/PEGP@0
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
Script exits when another HDMI audio method is installed
Remove existing HDMI audio method, restart, run cloverHDMI

I think it's my situation - HDMI worked before I started cloverHDMI, and he didn't install ssdt.

Actual files in attachment.
Thank you!

Attachments

• diman.matrix2.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 154
Back