Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Like the title says, the AppleALC + Lilu patch for ALC1220 works fine on my Aorus Gaming 7 system EXCEPT there is no sound via ALC1220 when I have my Universal Audio Apollo Twin connected via Thunderbolt to the Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card.

IORegistryExplorer shows everything being setup correctly (proper layout id etc. for the ALC1220 and proper PCI configuration for the Apollo connected via TB). I have included screenshots of the IOReg results with this post in case anybody spots something I may have missed.

Has anybody else run into this? Any ideas?

Attachments

• Apollo IOReg.png
    Apollo IOReg.png
    210.7 KB · Views: 172
  • ALC1220 IOREG with Apollo connected.png
    ALC1220 IOREG with Apollo connected.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 170
  • ALC1220 without Apollo connected.png
    ALC1220 without Apollo connected.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 175
Okay. I cut out the Themes folder and the Apple folder. Note that I've never used onboard audio on this build. Everything goes through the UAD Apollo 8.

Just so you know, Thunderbolt hotswap was working, but now isn't after the last OS update. Rolling back to 10.14.2 yielded no better result. Now I'm wondering if there was a firmware update in the last OS update that has bricked the ability of Alpine Ridge to hotswap. You'll still need to power up the Apollo and wait for it to settle before turning on the PC.

Maybe you can fix it. IDK. Sometimes, I have to restart the PC to get the Apollo to connect: The "host" lamp turning on, "Connecting to Apollo 8" dialog, etc.

This config is specifically for my build sig. Read that link. I put in shortcuts. After you do all that stuff, make sure that the Apollo is set for sound i/o in System settings. If you're using Pro Tools, it'll sometimes try to change the playback engine to Pro Tools Aggregate Device, so make sure it's behaving.

PS: You'll need to click some things... I put in a new serial for you, but YMMV...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 127
Super appreciate this! I know the drill with referencing other people’s EFI folders. If I get anywhere, I’ll be sure to share with you as well.

As an aside, I’m thinking my onboard audio issue has to do with an HDMI audio conflict (despite my displays not having built in sound). The Realtek and Intel devices are sharing the same layout ID no matter how I approach it and I’m not sure if or how I can disable HDMI audio from being recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back