Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> AppleALC increases boot time by 4mn on 10.13 and 10.14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Antonios, did you manage to patch through opencore ? I'm on OC/BigSur, everything fine but slow boot time (about 40 sec, compared to 22 sec for Catalina and 14 sec for ElCapitan on the same hardware) Suspecting ALC/HDMI ports, I tried to patch AppleHDAController for my HD4600 HDMI audio out ID, but patch fails (I have other kexts patches that do work)... And ioreg shows hdmi audio output... and verbose boot is stuttering around ALC stuff... 10 secs, then 10 secs then boots...
Any idea ? Thanks !
Hey. No the patch unfortunately didn't work. But I got rid of the delay by using an ancient version of AppleALC (1.2.8)
I am attaching the vanilla file. My computer boots fast in like 15-20 secs.

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    672.2 KB · Views: 55
Hey ! thanks for your answer. I had seen a post previously, mentionning AALC 1.2.8, but thought it didn't fit with BigSur; so, anyway I tried your file, but I lost all In/OUts on my ALC887/888B... (both on BigSur and catalina) I'm using id 99, only id to get spdif out working here. I should probably rollback lilu and plugins to some releases close to AALC's... but that sounds bad compromise to me, risk of breaking something else. I'd rather try and understand why some kext get patched correctly, and some don't... still a rookie on OC.

May I ask what your codec is, and the id you're using ? (you're on BigSur on your Optiplex right ?)

Hey ! thanks for your answer. I had seen a post previously, mentionning AALC 1.2.8, but thought it didn't fit with BigSur; so, anyway I tried your file, but I lost all In/OUts on my ALC887/888B... (both on BigSur and catalina) I'm using id 99, only id to get spdif out working here. I should probably rollback lilu and plugins to some releases close to AALC's... but that sounds bad compromise to me, risk of breaking something else. I'd rather try and understand why some kext get patched correctly, and some don't... still a rookie on OC.

May I ask what your codec is, and the id you're using ? (you're on BigSur on your Optiplex right ?)
Hey. My codec is ADI1984 and I an running High Sierra. I suggest you to make a bootable usb with open core and try there previous versions or patches. This way you won't break your installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back