Lenovo G710 / HM86
CPU
i7-4702mq
Graphics
HD4600 /820M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
Few months ago i switch from Clover to OC. Manage to get almost everything to work.
Create my custom codec for AppleALC (different internal microphone index from other IDT92HD95 codecs in AppleALC).
So now my internal/external microphone/speakers are all working fine. The only thing that is not working, or works some times is the HDMI Audio.
If i try to plug and unplug the HDMI cable sometimes the monitor turn on right away (i mean about a second and a half) and the HDAU driver is loaded. Most of the times the monitor turns on after 5-6 seconds and the drivers is not loaded.
Can some one help with me with this one?

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.4 MB · Views: 97
  • OC.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 157
  • codec platform - layout - dump.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 82
Hi guys,
Few months ago i switch from Clover to OC. Manage to get almost everything to work.
Create my custom codec for AppleALC (different internal microphone index from other IDT92HD95 codecs in AppleALC).
So now my internal/external microphone/speakers are all working fine. The only thing that is not working, or works some times is the HDMI Audio.
If i try to plug and unplug the HDMI cable sometimes the monitor turn on right away (i mean about a second and a half) and the HDAU driver is loaded. Most of the times the monitor turns on after 5-6 seconds and the drivers is not loaded.
Can some one help with me with this one?
igfxhdmidivs boot argument may not be required on your system

try adding FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Still no success but after allot of testing i find out something strange. When i restart the laptop in IOreg shows the right connector type - 00 08 00 00, as soon as i plug the HDMI cable it turns back to 00 04 00 00. Which i think could cause the problem. I've read the guide by RehabMan about FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio and how to enable HDMI audio. So he is pointing that if only one of the requirements is not met the HDMI audio will not work. One of the requirements is the connector type to be ..08.. (HDMI connector type).
So now i wonder is this normal behavior or not. Try to find out something in whatevergreen github issues but could not find anything about this.

Just to point at this moment i've disable FakePCIID and ...Intel_HDMI_... from the loading kexts, just because they could not help me at this moment. As soon as i fix the connector type i think they would not be needed.
Attaching OC folder and IOreg before (hdmi 08) and after the cable is plugged in (hdmi 04).

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 88
  • MacBook Pro hdmi 08.ioreg
    6.2 MB · Views: 45
  • MacBook Pro hdmi 04.ioreg
    6.4 MB · Views: 46
Still no success but after allot of testing i find out something strange. When i restart the laptop in IOreg shows the right connector type - 00 08 00 00, as soon as i plug the HDMI cable it turns back to 00 04 00 00. Which i think could cause the problem. I've read the guide by RehabMan about FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio and how to enable HDMI audio. So he is pointing that if only one of the requirements is not met the HDMI audio will not work. One of the requirements is the connector type to be ..08.. (HDMI connector type).
So now i wonder is this normal behavior or not. Try to find out something in whatevergreen github issues but could not find anything about this.

Just to point at this moment i've disable FakePCIID and ...Intel_HDMI_... from the loading kexts, just because they could not help me at this moment. As soon as i fix the connector type i think they would not be needed.
Attaching OC folder and IOreg before (hdmi 08) and after the cable is plugged in (hdmi 04).
you may need to check over:

Well I finally figure it out. I was using wrong platform-id the whole time. After I switch to 0x0A2E008 all the problems with the system just disappeared. Usually after a long time with HDMI monitor connected the mouse starts to freeze for a half a second and it was doing this every 10 seconds until I disconnect and connect the external monitor.
Now this problem is fixed, my audio works fine. Some times after restart could need more time to establish connection (about 5 seconds) but this is fine for me. And the best part is now Big Sur works fine without lag, when I update to Big Sur last time it was unusable, constantly lagging. Now it's smooth with no problems.
And change the DVMT pre-alloc to 128mb
Another surprise is that scale is working for my Samsung TV and UHD without any additional patches, before was on 1080p max resolution!

Thanks for the help we can mark the thread as SOLVED.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.54.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.54.41.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.54.54.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.54.54.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.55.20.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.55.20.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Status