Contribute
Register

AppleALC High CPU Temp & System Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have the exact same problem, currently getting all of my files ready to post to the developer (as suggested by Toleda in post #35). I have tried a patched AppleHDA and VoodooHDA but I get no audio with those and my correct layout id =13.
my Laptop is a Dell 5570 with i7 8550u. Audio Divide id :0x80869D71

Hi, I have the exact same problem, currently getting all of my files ready to post to the developer (as suggested by Toleda in post #35). I have tried a patched AppleHDA and VoodooHDA but I get no audio with those and my correct layout id =13.
my Laptop is a Dell 5570 with i7 8550u. Audio Divide id :0x80869D71
Even with the latest driver that they've released, I'm still having the same issue.

You mean 1.3.3?

Have you had any luck with other drivers?
It seems like I got it working on Mojave, but I got cracking noise from the audio jack. Currently under testing

I thought I was the only one.

Same experience with Dell 5570 and alc256.
If use 13 or 56 , after sleep cpu stays at high freq. If use 11 then everything is ok. Also , no sound from headphones. Only solution I found so far is alcplugfix.

I thought I was the only one.

Same experience with Dell 5570 and alc256.
If use 13 or 56 , after sleep cpu stays at high freq. If use 11 then everything is ok. Also , no sound from headphones. Only solution I found so far is alcplugfix.
So I got mojave installed, the problem I got from the latest AppleALC and Lilu is that I have sounds from speaker, no input from microphone, and got cracking sound from headphone jack as volume increases and also no mic. What do you mean by alcplugfix?

Search for it and download it. Run it and audio from headphones will be back.

Search for it and download it. Run it and audio from headphones will be back.
Do you have a link for it? I have tried the script and I still have cracking sound from headphone jack

So I got mojave installed, the problem I got from the latest AppleALC and Lilu is that I have sounds from speaker, no input from microphone, and got cracking sound from headphone jack as volume increases and also no mic. What do you mean by alcplugfix?

@twsps,

Try creating your own pin config for your codec, create a consolidated codec dump using a linux live usb, then boot back into MacOS and copy and paste the consolidated verbs into the pin configurator app, click on "Apply Fix" and then "Get ConfigData". Finally copy and paste the pin config string into the appropriate section of AppleALC info.plist (pin config for ALC295 and layout-id index)

This guide has instructions and downloads for everything you need to do the above :-

https://www.root86.com/blog/40/entry-51-guide-anleitung-patch-applehda/

You only need to follow steps 1 & 3

If you need further help, post on the AppleALC official help thread

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
WOW thanks @jaymonkey, I was able to get audio working without the processor high temp problem by following your instructions! THANKS A BUNCH!

However, no matter which layout-id I use, I cant seem to get the headphone jack working, the headphones are detected but no sound comes out. By trying different layout-ids I got the microphone working too.

I suspect the Platforms.xml would have to get correctly configured too, can you point me to a guide on how to add my own layout-id and Platforms.xml to AppleALC, please?

Also everyone with the high temp problem, Here's my modified AppleALC for you to try (I added the corrected pin config to all the 256 layout entries to check different layout ids)

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    732.3 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back