UHD620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,
I had a Dell Inspiron 7370 laptop. The audio is working fine with latest AppleALC and Lilu kext. However, when I use AppleALC with the right inject id (13 and 28), the CPU temp goes up and the frequency stays around 3.7 GHz. I also tried AppleHDA Patcher, which is similar to using AppleALC with id=3 (which it can recognize but no sound). Besides no sound, the CPU has the exact same issue. Here I have uploaded Intel Power Gadget monitoring just when the system started. Also a problem reporting file attached.

p.s. when the wrong id is injected, then the CPU will stay very low and the utilization when nothing is running can be as low as 0.1%

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_3348.zip
    737.7 KB · Views: 154
  • AppleALC id 13.png
    AppleALC id 13.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 237
AppleALC.kext has nothing to do with making sound, it configures AppleHDA.kext for the installed codec.
See Activity Monitor/coreaudiod for the system resources consumed making sound
I believe this is why AppleHDA Patcher has the same issue as AppleALC kext.

AppleALC.kext has nothing to do with making sound, it configures AppleHDA.kext for the installed codec.
See Activity Monitor/coreaudiod for the system resources consumed making sound
I do not find coreaudiod in my activity monitor. How can I see system resources?

No audio playing

Activity Monitor purpose
The CPU usage is up to 3.7GHz when the system started, this occurs even when there's no audio playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back