Motherboard
Asus UX310UAK-OC
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody, I'm looking for a way to control the internal microphone's volume on my laptop, a Zenbook UX310UA.
Audio playback is working great, but the internal microphone is always set to its maximum gain
I've tried with VoodooHDA, which gave me control of the mic's volume, but broke HDMI audio and jack sense.
I know that due to the codec's architecture there's no way to get the input volume slider to work, but is there a way to patch AppleALC so that the Internal Microphone defaults to a very low volume, instead of maximum?

I managed to modify AppleALC reducing the Boost of node 26 from 3 to 1. Now the microphone is working as I wanted, still no volume control, but no more distortion.
Would it make sense to add a new layout to the AppleALC codec resources?

Attachments

• AppleALC.kext.zip
    790.4 KB · Views: 342
Hello My Audio Card named:"Conexant Generic"
It's same id for CX8050
I use CX8050 my Asus S4000VA as my Audio Driver
The sound is prefect, but The micphone does not work at all.
How to fix this for my S4000VA "Conexant Generic" audio card

Attachments

• codec#0.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 181
Hello My Audio Card named:"Conexant Generic"
It's same id for CX8050
I use CX8050 my Asus S4000VA as my Audio Driver
The sound is prefect, but The micphone does not work at all.
How to fix this for my S4000VA "Conexant Generic" audio card
Have you tried to install the kext attached to the previous post?

Have you tried to install the kext attached to the previous post?
Yes I do, You just set Boost of node 26 from 3->1.
I try many was base your method:
1: your kext
2: set boost 3->1 of node 26
3:set boost 3->1 of both node 26 and node 25
But there still no micphone work.
In the sound setting it’s shown micphone is already build-in, but cannot record sound and Siri cannot hearing anything.
See my Thread here:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-s4000va-cannot-get-mic-work-by-fake-applealc.274426/

I managed to modify AppleALC reducing the Boost of node 26 from 3 to 1.

Hi brunogermain!

Can you please explain a little, how are you doing such modification?
I'd like to perform the similar vice versa procedure for ALC1220 (Layout ID 16 for my mobo) codec. My microphone has very low level even in the max position of mic lever in the settings. I'd like to boost it for a while. I've faced with modified AppleALC.kext on web, but they all were for different codecs.
Moreover I'd like to know how it is doing, so I can do it by myself for newer versions of AppleALC.
Thank you so much!

I managed to modify AppleALC reducing the Boost of node 26 from 3 to 1. Now the microphone is working as I wanted, still no volume control, but no more distortion.
Would it make sense to add a new layout to the AppleALC codec resources?
Is it possible to do this for Conexant CX20751/CX20752 as well? I'm using AppleALC with the 28th layout and the internal mic is very boosted and distorted

Ok, with a little bit of delay...

Here's a guide on how I did it, forgive me if it's not clear, but I'll do my best; I'm not not a developer and I know very little about Xcode

- first of all, check what version of AppleALC and Lilu you're running. I did that by inspecting each kext's Info.plist
- download AppleALC source code and Lilu debug drom Github. Make sure to download the correct version
- put the Lilu.kext you just downloaded inside AppleALC's source code folder
- open AppleALC.xcodeproj
- on Xcode sidebar, select "AppleALC/Resources/CX8050/PlatformsM.xml
- look for Node 25 and change the Boost setting from 3 to 1
- build

if building succeeds, try your modified kext.
Hope this helps

AppleALC for Big Sur

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.5.5-RELEASE.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back