Contribute
Register

AppleALC ALC892 no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Yes I did try that of course, trying in different locations for the sake of seeing if it would work,but only recently noticing the delay in audio coming on as a partial success, Ill switch them round test and redump if needs by thanks Rehabman.

Yes I did try that of course, trying in different locations for the sake of seeing if it would work,but only recently noticing the delay in audio coming on as a partial success, Ill switch them round test and redump if needs by thanks Rehabman.

After you fix your kext install, reply with new PR files.

After you fix your kext install, reply with new PR files.
Here is the new dump. Latest test and it took 12mins 56 seconds for sound to kick in, what I do is set spotify playing after boot up and start stopwatch. Kexts installed in system parititon as discussed. Thanks for your time :)

Would doing a dump before sound comes on help? the attached is after sound came on.

Attachments

• debug_18563.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
Here is the new dump. Latest test and it took 12mins 56 seconds for sound to kick in, what I do is set spotify playing after boot up and start stopwatch. Kexts installed in system parititon as discussed. Thanks for your time :)

Would doing a dump before sound comes on help? the attached is after sound came on.

Your kexts are not installed properly.
As per FAQ, kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E (on 10.11 and later).
Refer to the FAQ for kext install procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• debug_5365.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
Heres the new dump, time was 3 min 47 secs before the audio came on this time with kexts installed correctly.

Try with MacBookPro11,1.

Try with MacBookPro11,1.
19 mins 48 secs this time with MacBookPro11,1, really weird issue this isnt it.

I made a dump before the audio came up and after, hopefully you can see what didnt load or is being delayed.

Cheers

Attachments

• debug_18165beforeaudio.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
  • debug_14320afteraudio.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 67
19 mins 48 secs this time with MacBookPro11,1, really weird issue this isnt it.

I made a dump before the audio came up and after, hopefully you can see what didnt load or is being delayed.

Cheers

config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes is wrong. Should be "Detect".

If you look at ioreg, you'll see that nothing is connected to HDEF in the "not working" ioreg, but AppleHDA kexts load later in the "working" ioreg.

I have no idea what might be causing the delay.

Perhaps you should do a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back