Contribute
Register

AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext Changing after reboot???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
gigabyte
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After recently upgrading to ML i found that
- My optical drive did not work
- My Hard drives appeared as external (i.e. orange)
- The restart and shutdown did not work.

To correct this I installed using KextBeast the original Lion AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext. This worked perfectly, my system booted quicker, optical drive was working and so was the restart and shutdown. However, when i reboot the system again the kexts seem to revert to the way they were which seems very odd to me.
The Hard drives appear as external again, however, the optical drive, and the shutdown/restart continue to work. This means the kexts are still there, but for whatever reason stop presenting the hard drives as internal after the reboot.
When I reinstall the kexts again it corrects the problem, but again only until I restart at which point it goes back to the way it was.
I know these Kexts are the problem as changing makes everything run perfectly. But i cannot understand why is changes back after I reboot. Does anyone have an explanation, or any possible soloutions?
I feel like I'm missing something obvious?

Thank you

in multibeast theres a kext you can install to make all externals apear internal look for that under the disk drives in multibeast

How did you install the original Lion kexts? I can't find them for download anywhere. Can you please post your process?

Intel Generic AHCI.kext included on Multibeast 8 works nicely on 10.11.5 for Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 on RAID Mode.
About This Mac->SysInfo, recognizes on Sata/SataExpress section, my real chipset that is like Intel C610/X99 Series for my LG Recorder and ICH8-R for my set of hard disks plugged on Sata0-6 and configured on RAID mode. At another point, my system info puts the Generic AHCI Controller info on all SATA Controllers. At this point of past, they were configured on AHCI Mode by BIOS. Anyway, the Intel Generic AHCI.kext makes my sysinfo to be concrete.

In DPCI manager.app i can see over PCI List section, the entry Wellsburg SATA Controller [AHCI Mode] with vendor-id=8086 and device-id=8D62. Serveral lines after, there is an entry like 82801 SATA Controller [RAID Mode] with same vendor-id, and device-id fold equals to 2822. I supose that these names of controllers are aliases...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back