4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Apple is reportedly working on a much thinner high-end Mac Mini. The design is said to incorporate Plexiglass
and elements of the new iMac connectors.

mac-mini-back2.jpg

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Interesting ...

I note the macrumors article says, right at the end, that Apple may scrap this idea. A bit of a safety get-out if the rumour is wrong I guess.

Looking at the renders the Mini actually seems flatter, yes, but a larger footprint. Also, for a Mini design, why not put the included ethernet port on the power brick? And if there is no fan is it likely to be "high end"?

:)

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 Vision D
CPU
Ryzen 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Interesting ...

I note the macrumors article says, right at the end, that Apple may scrap this idea. A bit of a safety get-out if the rumour is wrong I guess.

Looking at the renders the Mini actually seems flatter, yes, but a larger footprint. Also, for a Mini design, why not put the included ethernet port on the power brick? And if there is no fan is it likely to be "high end"?

Indeed! No idea why would they wouldn't put the ethernet port on the power brick, I guess the artist forgot to do so? As for the high-end part, I guess they're planning to create a new product category for the Mac Mini? But the top part here certainly harks back to the old 1st gen Mac Mini with the glossy white top.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Indeed! No idea why would they wouldn't put the ethernet port on the power brick, I guess the artist forgot to do so? As for the high-end part, I guess they're planning to create a new product category for the Mac Mini? But the top part here certainly harks back to the old 1st gen Mac Mini with the glossy white top.

Good point. That top being another retro reference, like the colours of the new iMacs.