Contribute
Register

Apple wireless keyboard with Chameleon or BIOS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P77
CPU
i7
First, thanks to the info on this site I have a working dual boot Win7/10.6.6 machine. The only thing left to make it perfect is a problem with the Apple wireless keyboard. (I figured this might be a common question but I've searched and can't find any details.)

My BT dongle is an Azio BTD211 (purchased because it is Mac certified and was dirt cheap!) and on my hackintosh it is immediately recognised OOB and the wireless keyboard and magic mouse all work perfectly.

But when when I boot up into Chameleon to choose between booting into Win or Mac, the keyboard does not work. I have to use my Microsoft wireless keyboard instead :(

This is the most important problem.

If someone can tell me how to get this to work, the next problem is opening my Gigabyte BIOS which requires the DEL key... And there is none on the apple wireless keyboard??

Is the solution to simply get a wired Apple keyboard?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS A tip when using the magic mouse in Windows... In the mouse properties change the number of lines/characters to scroll from 3 down to 2. This is much smoother and easier to control.

Hi

I don't know about the bluetooth issue, but you can get the delete key by pressing Fn and Backspace together.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with this problem.

Can anyone please confirm that they successfully use an Apple bluetooth keyboard with Chameleon to choose the boot device?

If yes, what BT dongle do you have and did you have to make any BIOS changes (eg turn off Legacy USB support).

Thanks in advance. The help on this forum has been awesome and resolved all my other issues, except for this one.

Regards

The Belkin BT dongle in my Sig works great in both the BIOS & Chameleon (My genuine Apple module does too), for a delete key I use the LMP Bluetooth Keypad alongside the Apple one.

Many thanks D-an-W. It's great to know that at least what I'm trying to do is possible.

My current BT dongle (AZIO BTD211) is not in the supported list on this site, but it does have a Mac certification logo and it works perfectly in both OSX 10.6.6 and Windows 7.

But Chameleon is independent of both... which means it could be a BIOS issue. I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD3. I would appreciate it if maybe you could look at your "integrated peripherals" and "power management" BIOS settings and indicate what your settings are for USB related options and also for "wake on keyboard" and other related settings.

Screenshots would be a huge bonus :D

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hope you enjoyed the movie D-an-W. What did you see?

Did you get a chance to look at your BIOS settings or take some screenshots?

Thanks in advance for your help here.

Regards

semtex said:
Hope you enjoyed the movie D-an-W. What did you see?

Did you get a chance to look at your BIOS settings or take some screenshots?

Thanks in advance for your help here.

Regards

Sorry for the delay, here are the screenshots that may be relevant...

Gooby, I would think so as it lists it as a "Belkin Mini Bluetooth Laptop Adapter (F8T016)", I don't know if the ng on the end means anything but it says it on the packaging.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 644
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 619
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back