Contribute
Register

Apple wireless keyboard with Chameleon or BIOS???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the screenshots D-an-W. Since then I've swapped out my Gigabyte board for an Asus board because of a different unrelated problem.

However, the Apple wireless keyboard still does not work with Chameleon so I'm going to try a different BT dongle... and if that fails then I'll put up real money for either the Belkin or Dlink. I'll report back if I get it working.

Regards

Hey Semtex, I'm really interested in doing exactly the same thing. I was wondering if upgrading to a different bluetooth dongle allowed the wireless keyboard to be recognised in bios? If so, what did you get?

Thanks!

Hi Gobiasinc

Sorry for the delay. In the end I bought a wired Apple keyboard. I have a dual boot system (Windows/Mac) and discovered that the Apple BT keyboard and Apple BT mouse only supports one profile. In other words if you sync it with the Mac, it won't work when you next boot into Windows... and vice versa.

Regards

This is the best thread i've seen on the subject. My Apple bluetooth module works great in OSX & Windows but I can't use it for BIOS or Chameleon menu now that it's paired in both os's, it did work in BIOS and Chameleon before I paired it with Windows. I've since followed the suggestion to pair it in Windows first and then OSX but still no go on BIOS and Chameleon? Really want to use just the one keyboard.

Im also having this problem. I believe it wont work in the bios due to the bluetooths drivers being loaded once the OS is running. Then it connects to the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

my7ways said:
This is the best thread i've seen on the subject. My Apple bluetooth module works great in OSX & Windows but I can't use it for BIOS or Chameleon menu now that it's paired in both os's, it did work in BIOS and Chameleon before I paired it with Windows. I've since followed the suggestion to pair it in Windows first and then OSX but still no go on BIOS and Chameleon? Really want to use just the one keyboard.

It works fine in BIOS and Chameleon when I only have one HDD connected? There has got to be a way.

Same here, have the same BT dongle, wont work in BIOS or Chameleon. BT doesnt seem to be supported in BIOS or b4 the OS is loaded, seems only to look for PS2\USB\USB emulators.

Does anyone else have the issue that the keyboard takes a minute or more to be recognized on Lion boot? Apple track pad works instantly but apple wireless kb takes 1-2 minutes b4 it will register input. Weird right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back