Contribute
Register

Apple Wired Keyboard USB power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody ever get a fix for this?
Just posted this a few mins ago... not sure if good to repost in reply to your question or not... but here goes:
Apr 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM New #7
samisnake said: ↑
are you using the keyboard extension cable?
if so, remove it and plug it directly into the computer, should then work.

problem is, unless youve got a monitor with usb ports (like the apple cinema display, or imac), the cable will be too short
Hi
samisnake... newbie registered user ... and hackintosh user. You are absolutely correct. I was using the extension cable with the Apple wired keyboard. After rebooting and / or shutdown, bootup screen to choose OS to select (Clover?) no response from either mouse or Apple wired keyboard. On a hunch I experimented with disconnecting the extension cable and then plugging in the very short cable to the closest USB port on my recent hackintosh build, and then rebooted and all was good. (After I got past the Clover OS selection screen, and selected OS X Sierra, and then logged-in, then I could reconnect the extension cable - if I wanted to do so.) Just wanted to confirm your suggestion/information. Thanks, damcan1234

Just bought this keyboard, with 2 USB ports on the sides. I own only 3.0 USBs and on every connection in the keyboard hub it says it doesn't have enough energy and I should connect it into the mac, where it is working properly. Is there any solution for this? I triet even without extension cable and still same issue. Also tried to connect iPhone, and still just: "Connect iPhone to the USB port on this Mac."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back