Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 1.42.29 PM.png

Apple is releasing the next version of macOS, 11.0 'Big Sur' this Thursday, November 12th.

Related:

Last edited:
Yes! Yes! Yes!

I wonder if we could directly upgrade to Big Sur with the latest version of Clover or OpenCore.

I wonder if we could directly upgrade to Big Sur with the latest version of Clover or OpenCore.
Using the Big Sur betas from before today, I've found we can use either the latest OpenCore 0.6.3 or Clover Release v5.1 r5126- I see no reason we can't update directly as we have for the past few updates.

I would strongly consider a bootable backup before doing so if you don't have one.

I'm being offered Release Candidate 2 11.0.1 is this upgradable with OC 0.6.3 ?

Using the Big Sur betas from before today, I've found we can use either the latest OpenCore 0.6.3 or Clover Release v5.1 r5126- I see no reason we can't update directly as we have for the past few updates.

I would strongly consider a bootable backup before doing so if you don't have one.

Also been using the beta versions. Currently on the latest RC2 (20B28). Current AMD experimental patches work just fine with it. Looking good for final release.

Ah well, Big Sur is finally ready to be released?

As mentioned before I am not going to plunge into it right now unlike most of you. I will wait until at least August or September 2021 to consider whether to try and install Big Sur on my systems.

At least the release version of Big Sur is supposed to fix the previous problem of unable to create a bootable clone of the signed system volume (SSV). Without this capability I can't use SuperDuper to transfer the system and Big Sur will be useless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back