Contribute
Register

Apple Will Release macOS Big Sur This Thursday November 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without this capability I can't use SuperDuper to transfer the system and Big Sur will be useless for me.
Why the need to use SuperDuper - It takes an extra 2 mins to prepare boot and copy over efi partition, what am I missing?

Why the need to use SuperDuper - It takes an extra 2 mins to prepare boot and copy over efi partition, what am I missing?
I have several (different) systems as you can see. I would like to do the Big Sur installation just ONCE in the future on one of my systems, and then clone the system to the other systems using a blank disk. That's why I need SuperDuper to work. I will have to adjust config.plist and the drivers on each system, of course, but that still beats having to do the installation on each system.

I did the same previously with Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave and Catalina. I did the installation just once, and then clone the installation to the other systems.

Last edited:
I think he's going to install Big Sur on different machines, and plans on installing it in one drive then copying everything to the new drive. I used to do that with clover, as I could never copy paste the efi folder and manage to make it work. Transferring to the new drive, I use time machine and that made it a bit easier than using super duper.

With Opencocre it's a different story, for me at least, what I did was make a test ssd with OC and BS, made sure that it worked perfectly, then copied the entire (properly working BS/OC) efi folder and had no need for superduper or time machine.

Direct update today from Catalina to Big Sur RC2 without any problems.
Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming
Intel i7 9700k
iGPU
OpenCore 0.6.3

how do u direct update from catalina to big sur? just creating two partition one for clover bootloader version 5126 angd another partition for big sur app on usb installer?will clover V. 5126 works on big sur with the same config plist used in catalina?please help

how do u direct update from catalina to big sur? just creating two partition one for clover bootloader version 5126 angd another partition for big sur app on usb installer?will clover V. 5126 works on big sur with the same config plist used in catalina?please help
What I did was create a Big Sur drive using Opencore 0.6.3, where I loaded every kext, driver etc that I needed. Made sure that worked well, then simply deleted everything in the Clover efi folder in the Catalina drive, and copied the efi form the new big sur drive to the old catalina drive. Booted Catalina perfectly. Then, in Catalina ran the software update to upgrade to Big Sur Beta. I'm not on clover anymore.

When exactly will it be available ?? Later today ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back