Contribute
Register

Apple Watch: Auto Unlock issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
1080ti FTW3
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi! Does anyone know if its bluetooth strength or brute physical distance that determines whether it locks/unlocks?

Im hoping someone can change a line in code within a plist to allow a greater range or a greater signal tolerance.
My bluetooth keyboard and trackpad have a bluetooth signal averaging -48 to -58 which I think is powerful enough but apparently its not enough to trigger the auto unlock all the time.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not hence trying to work out is it signal or distance limit? Its completely random.

I have the BCM94360CD model. Im prepared to buy a new module if it'll certainly improve though but Im not convinced a new module will do the trick.
Im on the latest Sierra build and iOS10 and watch 3.0 OS

Thoughts?

Are you on wifi the whole time? i just found out that wifi is required to unlock with the watch (which I had off since I used ethernet to connect).

Hi,
my machine is equipped with the BCM94360CD too and at the login screen it tries to unlock with apple watch but nothing happens.

Edit:
I just saw a continuity notification at my mac but unlock is still not working...
Shouldn't it be a good sign?

Edit 2:
Oh boy, it was the iPhone that was bugged... One restart and everything was fine...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back