Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1080ti (2)
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Plus, Power Mac, Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
It's nice to know that 8xxx CPU's will officially be included in OS X. Not that they didn't work before, but there's always a warm and fuzzy feeling in knowing that they're part of the official Apple family!

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Im assuming that they probably already added support for these machines on 10.13.6 High Sierra update.
it's up to us to test this and find out.

Motherboard
Asrock z390 Pro4
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Luxury laptops for the very wealthy. Apple is leaving the majority of people behind. Thankfully I have a hackintosh already running an 8th generation intel cpu. I can only assume that if Apple ever gets around to updating the desktop (Mac mini, Mac Pro) they will be similarly priced. From a business and personal standpoint the investment in genuine Mac doesn’t seem to make sense anymore.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
To be fair, the $6700 price is a bit deceptive. The 4TB SSD upgrade costs $3400. Stick to a 256GB SSD and the price drops to a much more manageable $2900. Still a hefty chunk of change, but not nearly as outrageous.

Really nice specs. Can't wait to see what Apple does with the other Mac models.

Sniki

Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
To be fair, the $6700 price is a bit deceptive. The 4TB SSD upgrade costs $3400. Stick to a 256GB SSD and the price drops to a much more manageable $2900. Still a hefty chunk of change, but not nearly as outrageous.

Really nice specs. Can't wait to see what Apple does with the other Mac models.
In my opinion SSD/NVME storage prices are somehow nonsense.
What's the point of a 4TB storage to cost more than a top tier spec-ed custom build PC ?

Im excited for the rumored "Mac Mini" and the "Cheaper MacBook Model".
Hopefully the will have a reasonable price but knowing past & current pricing not something i expect.

Some nonsense pricing strategy that they have & that drives me crazy is:

- 2015 Macbook Pro
- 2016 Macbook Pro or 12" Macbook
- 2017 Macbook Pro or 12" Macbook

Have decent hardware difference & logically they should have decent price changes between models BUT, why on planet earth across all the differentiation they price change is 100-300$ difference from each other ??

Why would i picked an older model (m3 12" model) to save 100-300$ when i can get the 2017 Pro model( if i already spend 1000-2000$.)

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Clover)
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD630
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My first Gustomac
Thanks to Pastrychef I am up an running the strixmachine my first working "Gustomac".

My MacBook Pro broke down under the strain from writing big time, got repaired. This has happened two times in a row, at the same critical point in time. I had to do something completely different. Now scared I had to build a stronger backup computer, going to be my primary when I have learned have to modify EFI fluently, and adjusting SuperDuper! to new cloning procedures.

On the funny side. I only read Pastrychefs recipe before I went along with the project, I thought it was a stand-alone-manual. It is not. It is very very beautiful written and taken care of, but I will suggest to add an mandatory explanation of the EFI part, and ... that Unibeast does not make the drive bootable, which I thought, to others who might write guides.

Up and running. My plan was more memory for the money than speed. I experienced complete computer halts, when I reached some upper limit for open PDFs (around 100). My solution for this is gaining access to more memory. I compare this to a basic MacBook Pro mid 2014, with 512 GB SSD and 16 GB RAM. This is more snappy. I have started with 16 GB RAM, my plan is 24 GB.

By the way, I accidentally dropped the stock CPU-fan on the floor, so I had to replace it. I chose Cryorig H7, and that made my computer completely silent, except from a sound like "what the filipo, I want i7".

Last edited:
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
The argument for staying with 16GB in the 2017 MacBook Pro was due to the limit intel had with LPDDR4 maxing out at 16GB. I believe Ice Lake or something like that will have this support but its not out yet, did they use regular DDR4 instead?

Motherboard
Asus WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The argument for staying with 16GB in the 2017 MacBook Pro was due to the limit intel had with LPDDR4 maxing out at 16GB. I believe Ice Lake or something like that will have this support but its not out yet, did they use regular DDR4 instead?
Yep regular ddr4 since they managed to increase the battery.