Contribute
Register

Apple Updates MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac with Kaby Lake CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it looks like eGPU's will be a thing. You would think Apple would be making nVIDIA drivers as well for those that buy those cards. Worst case they use nVIDIA's I suppose. However native drivers always seem to perform a little better.

and the RX460/480 RX560/580 will be fully supported in some days by clover? any news...?
That's my question too. Will the Radeon RX 580 be natively supported via Apple now?

The OP stated [blockquote]Radeon Pro 5xx graphics[/blockquote] so that's what I searched for. I do see that "RX580" cards have prices ranging from $400 to $900, depending on the card/maker.

Perhaps nVidia is, in that case, "too expensive" - but then, how do they compare performance-wise? They don't seem much different in terms of what nVidia offers via the Pascal line in general...

I am giddy with this news - just finished building my machine this weekend and only early adopted to the Kaby Lake processor and 200 series MB due to others having success with it. Having native Intel HD6xx support is going to hopefully fix some of my issues I am having with screen tearing that I haven't been able to hammer out yet (and won't until the weekend due to business travel).
Same, I'm running a 7700K with a RX 580, I think I might return my RX 580 and wait for the Vega line to drop and the iMac Pro will be using Vega which drops in September so it will be natively supported. Finally some Updates we've been hoping.. A Native 7700K with a Vega and 600 series graphics sounds pretty good to me.

Perhaps nVidia is, in that case, "too expensive"

In terms of the benchmarks I've seen, a 580 only really is as good as a 1060. I wonder why they don't include something with a little more power like a 1080? If reports are to be believed, the Vega may be more powerful than a TITAN Xp, but there are many NVidia chips that could be used in lesser configs of the iMac Pro.

In terms of the benchmarks I've seen, a 580 only really is as good as a 1060. I wonder why they don't include something with a little more power like a 1080? If reports are to be believed, the Vega may be more powerful than a TITAN Xp, but there are many NVidia chips that could be used in lesser configs of the iMac Pro.
But you also have to keep in mind how much faster Exports are using Final Cut Pro... Apple people usually are apple people not because of adobe stuff but apple stuff so, if your in this to use Adobe Premiere Pro then you're going to be disappointed unless you get a Vega. AMD with final cut has so much hardware acceleration and really uses every drop of power it has to offer. apple is doing the right thing by using the Vega, and the 5 series will be supported with High Sierra and the RX 580 performs just as well as the 1080 in final cut pro. but like I said there is a huge gap in the AMD line up if you are using Adobe PP. I currently just got into hackintosh and purchases a 7700K with a RX 580 and I can't seem to get it working, I'll probably go windows until I see High Sierra release so my hardware is all Native (as in Kaby Lake,AMD 5 series and intel 630)
Cheers

Can't wait to see how well this plays with Kaby Lake Dell XPS, considering Skylake tricks already worked really well... :D

How will Clover interface with this New File system? How will this file system coexist with Windows when dual booting especially copying from NTFS formatted hard drives? Is this new APFS bootable using other bootloaders for our purposes? Will Bootcamp still exist for real Macs? https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/701/

Well, since the Apple store quotes me a delivery for this Thursday (i.e 2 days time) on the new standard iMac models with their new GPUs, DDR4 RAM and updated CPUs, does this mean we should expect 10.12.6, with lots more lovely hardware support, by Wednesday/Thursday too?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back