Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.52.23 PM.png
Today at WWDC, Apple updated its Mac lineup with new iMacs, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros featuring Intel's 7th Generation 'Kaby Lake' CPUs shipping today. This means that the next major point update to MacOS (10.12.6) will likely contain native Kaby Lake CPU support.

Specs for the new Macs include faster SSDs, Kaby Lake CPUs, Thunderbolt 3, Intel HD 6xx graphics and Radeon Pro 5xx graphics.

Intel's 7th generation Kaby Lake CPUs and 200 series motherboards are available. However, CPU support is not native yet. If you’re into bleeding edge hardware or would like to test, we’ve compiled this Early Adopter’s Buyer’s Guide.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.51.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.43.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.51.03 PM.png
Related:
Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017
Apple Previews iMac Pro: The Fastest Mac Ever
Early Adopters Buyer's Guide Kaby Lake 200 Series

Last edited:
To me the official Apple eGPU support is the HUGE news...
Complete game changer for laptop users who want to game also.

(not really Hack applicable of course)

Let's hope it will fix Broadwell graphics freezes.

So the takeaway for the Hackintosh community is the following: formal Kaby Lake support (not necessarily Z270, but most likely), AMD RX5xx-series GPU support and HD6xx-series GPU support. Am I missing anything?

Interesting how nVidia doesn't seem to be mentioned? Hmm...

"Intel HD 6xx graphics"

I hope that they fix the iGPU hangs that I am getting with Metal.

I am giddy with this news - just finished building my machine this weekend and only early adopted to the Kaby Lake processor and 200 series MB due to others having success with it. Having native Intel HD6xx support is going to hopefully fix some of my issues I am having with screen tearing that I haven't been able to hammer out yet (and won't until the weekend due to business travel).

Maybe they're too expensive for what's on offer?
A Radeon Pro 580 runs $900, so, know, I don't think they're [nVidia] too expensive...

Maybe Apple can't justify their markup for using them???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back