Contribute
Register

Apple Updates Mac Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
does that mean new amd graphics work out of the box?

We don't know enough about that really. It is not gonna fix every AMD/ATI graphics related issue, but since the GPU is Polaris based I think we should see at least some progress that way. Mind you, Polaris could end up the same as every other GCN1.1 card i.e black screen & sleep issues.

It's back up now, I was refreshing quickly to check out the prices and boy it's not looking good for the pound sterling.

I was waiting for this release before deciding on building my hackintosh
I think alot of ppl were also, im waiting to here more about radeon cards and support. ill be buying one

I think alot of ppl were also, im waiting to here more about radeon cards and support. ill be buying one

Surprisingly it's more expensive than the past years' MBPs, and it'll be a 3-4 weeks wait so i'll most likely be building a hack.

My only concern is portability because i'm still running a 2010 core2duo mbp with no SSD and it's really sluggish

No Retina display. Are you kidding me.

It does have a Retina Display.

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 3.11.51 PM.png

I am both pleased and disappointed after today's update. I really like the new MacBook Pros - great moving to one connector for all peripherals, new internals, Touch ID, touch bar, and a smaller enclosure. I am sure buying dongles for all of our legacy peripherals is going to be a pita though. Also, I was hoping for nvidia gpus so that we might get driver support for "10" series gpus, but with new pro cards coming that are based on that chip, we will most likely get driver support at some point. It would probably happen faster if apple would update the Mac Pro.

I am conflicted about no other mac refreshes. It is sad that the mini and pro are so far behind, but that means more people will experience tonymacx86.com, which I am glad about. ;-)

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it over myself now. :)

Those prices certainly have a sting :( Mind you, having said that I can't believe Microsoft's laptops will be any cheaper. Their Surface tablets were as, if not more, expensive as iPads ...

What about this note

"Note: In addition to the discrete Radeon Pro graphics, your MacBook Pro also features integrated Intel HD Graphics 530, a great energy-saving feature for low-intensity graphics workloads."

there are hope to fix the flickering in top left screen corner on sierra can be solved?

Yes, looking at the Apple Store now the only machine category with the "New" label underneath it is the MacBook Pro.

Having said that we've just had Sierra - a full O/S update - and new phones. Compared to the output of other tech companies this is actually quite a lot overall, don't you think?

I know, I know MS updated Windows 10, but my family's PCs have not received it yet. And MS are stumbling over the phone side of things.

We still have a lot to be glad of :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back