Contribute
Register

Apple Updates 13" MacBook Pro with 10th Gen Intel CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me for the banal question, but I'm interested in the new XPS 15" 9500 that will use the i7-10750H/i7-10875H. They're Comet Lake, so are they supported?
IDK, off the top of my head, i don't think there are any comet lake based real macs yet. They will likely be coming. Pretty sure the 16" is still coffee lake but i cant remember. But as mentioned, Comet is essentially the same thing as Coffee and Kaby so it will probably work- at most needing some CPUID spoof.
g\

The CPU spec is really disappointing. Using the 8th generation Core in 2020? It seems that Apple is helping Intel clear inventory and staying on this sinking ship.

Z490 and Comet-Lake being pretty much a re-brand or very minor update of Z390 and Coffee-Lake that is already well supported, it probably will work fine.

g\

It doesn't work like on the old machines.
The kernel gets loaded but after that nothing happens.
I've the hardware from Intel since last week and I'm experimenting a lot,
that problem is not a faulty configured EFI or something like that.

Virtual machine is not an issue but even there you have to use a Fake ID, otherwise the same problems as with the real installation attempt will occur.

The strange part is that if you try to use the same Fake ID and a native installation way it fails also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back