Contribute
Register

Apple Unveils Redesigned Mac Pro Desktop and Pro Display XDR at WWDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte doesn't have a 10G LAN port unlike the Asus! No USB 3.1 gen 2 (10 Gbit/s) either on the Gigabyte.
There are more than enough PCIe slots to add these two things if needed.

There are more than enough PCIe slots to add these two things if needed.
Not for my possible future configuration: 2 GPU (4 slots), 1 Blackmagic Decklink 12G (2 slots), 1 PCI LAN 10G (1 slot), 1 PCI USB 3.1 (1 slot), 1 PCI for Thuberbolt 3 (1 slot).

Attachments

• MP7.1.png
    MP7.1.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 203
Winston Moy tests out the new 2019 Mac Pro "Cheese Grater." Not sure how he got one but it's on youtube. Sure hope Apple doesn't take this down for copyright infringement.

So the 28 core will probably be close to 80,000 GB MC score. Look at that massive 196.6 GB of DDR4 ram !

View attachment 418191

196GB RAM, 8 slots occupied by 16GB RAM. I hope that the X399 chip will support 256GB.
But I am most happy about Apple's return to PCIe.

MP2019.png

Not sure if anybody thought about this, but unless the Cascade Lake Xeons have changed enough in architecture from the previous Coffe Lake series, when outfitting the computer with RAM in every slot, the DIMM speeds are brought down to 800 MHz with only one CPU controlling them. Full speed in all slots requires two Xeons, which is not being offered by Apple.

Dune Pro. What do you think about this case for hackintosh

1571279857334.png

I would have preferred the G5 Mac pro clone with a side glass panel, the new mac pro gives me typophobia! I give Jony full marks for refreshing the original design (the elegance and balance of the G5 is just hard to beat), but take a step back and the new design looks ugly (I apologise in advance if I offend anyone), it just feels way too big of a cheese grater...
1571280386273.png

Last edited:
View attachment 431063
I would have preferred the G5 Mac pro clone with a side glass panel, the new mac pro gives me typophobia! I give Jony full marks for refreshing the original design (the elegance and balance of the G5 is just hard to beat), but take a step back and the new design looks ugly (I apologise in advance if I offend anyone), it just feels way too big of a cheese grater...
View attachment 431064

The bottom one looks like it will completely restrict airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back