1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
macpro.png

OK new Mac Pro rumor today :mrgreen:

Apple PR has sent confirmation to a French Reseller that a new Mac Pro will be released in "Spring 2013"

This news comes just days after the Mac Pro was confirmed to be discontinued in Europe as of March 1st- (February 18th is the final day to order the old model.)

Information France Systemes Newsletter:
http://www.francesystemes.fr/upload/mailing/html/infos/infor_022013.html

Related:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/apple-new...ine-discontinued-europe-march-1st-2013-a.html

I very hope apple provide support for radeon 7XXX

Sandy-E native support...finally...

Fingers crossed Sandy Bridge E native support ; )

Yes, "fingers crossed". But you all DO realize this "revision" could literally be to address whatever mfg/env compliance issues the current mac pro has that prevents its sale in EU. It could come down to minor case and power supply adjustments in order to bring the mac pro back to the EU market. There is mounting (circumstantial) evidence that there will be a genuinely new mac pro, but this could also turn out to be about as significant as the last "update".
g\

Well, a nice Logic Studio Update and the New PowerMac would be a nice duet!. Anyway i'm happy with my Hackintosh!

Just to be clear. "Spring" isn't a specific time frame as Spring in Europe isn't the same time as Spring in the USA for example. However, Ivy Bridge-E is expected some time in mid to late 2013. Presumably before Ivy Bridge-E is released there will be an update to the Sandy Bridge-E lineup in the form of the first 8 Core / 16 thread Core i7 3980X Pro-sumer processor.

Anyway, the time frame for Ivy Bridge-E release may match up with Spring in Europe. I'm not sure either way,....

Ivy Bridge-E support doesn't necessarily mean that Sandy Bridge-E support will be improved in OS X but its likely the two will go hand and hand. My concern is that the X79 / C606 chipset has no native USB 3.0 support and motherboards have no Thunderbolt support due to the Intel iGPU requirement. In order to address this there may need to be a new chipset which could mean the older X79 chipset will remain poorly supported.

I cant picture how Intel would provide Thunderbolt support without forcing the Intel iGPU requirement so that becomes a sticking point. Apple could simply provide better support for third party USB 3.0 controllers but there is no way around the iGPU requirement of the Thunderbolt spec.

I'm sure Apple doesn't want to release a new Mac Pro without USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt support,.....they want continuity,....

I want to see more graphics power. I hate the fact that the selections are so limited. I can run 8 screens with my current setup. (GTX 670's in SLI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back